Smart stay.... Nope

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I think as long as it can detect your face it should work. It works the majority of the time for me. It's a big phone so if you hold it too high to your face it might not work

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I always thought it needed to see movement. When u turn it on it shows an animation of a person looking at the screen and then glancing back up to the top. Staring at it might not be good enough, otherwise I have no idea.

AnotherInternetGuy

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Ditto.

I forgot I'd even turned it on. Not sure it's ever even worked for me... Which is a shame. I honestly imagine it becoming essential for all smart phones once the tech works fully...

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to work. I remember on previous Notes that there used to be an notification that it was keeping the screen on. But I just tested it and it worked.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine is working. AT&T version. It doesn't work well in low light though. If I just have my bedside lamp on, I set my screen timeout to 1 minute.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
it appears to be a function of time. try writing slowly any word. the slower you go the less you can write. write fast and you get more drawing

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't work for me either ...it even gave me a pop up to check if sensor is blocked .

Case is not near the sensor .

THAT is a Smartphone - blaming something else for Smartstay not working lol.
Great phone though- getting very long Screen On Time and the AUDIO is what I have been waiting for ever since the first smaller cell phones came out .

Smart Stay ...no I even thought maybe resting my hand over sensor so it would 'know ' I was there - nope .

My Camera was on selfie mode ...maybe switching that will help ?

Winking at the Sensor ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish