Dropped the phone with Whitestone applied.

glock115

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
The phone dropped from about 4 feet high, I think it dropped straight up and down on the bottom of the phone. The screen protector is cracked in 3 of the 4 corners with one large crack going diagonally from the top right corner to the middle left edge. It appears the thing did its job and saved my screen.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The phone dropped from about 4 feet high, I think it dropped straight up and down on the bottom of the phone. The screen protector is cracked in 3 of the 4 corners with one large crack going diagonally from the top right corner to the middle left edge. It appears the thing did its job and saved my screen.
Can you tell the point of impact? I know everyone at face value wants to believe that the Whitestone protector took the brunt of the impact and sacrificed itself for the sake of the screen.
However, the cynical part of me thinks that the Whitestone is just not as strong as Gorilla glass 5 and broke. Isn't the Whitestone protector like $40+ as well?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Then why not get the Zagg? I like mine

Because the Zagg only sticks to the phone by the edges of the glass. Whitestone Dome Glass is the only full glass adhesive protector out there. No dots, no rainbow effect. For the most part, no pop off with cases. There are a few that start to lift the screen protector, but overall it really is the best option out there. If you're still notbsure what the hype is about, I'd say look up YouTube for some reviews of the Whitestone Dome Glass. And then look up the Zagg glass on the same curved devices.

If the Zagg is working for you, then I'd stick with what works for you.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but the Zagg is terrible on the Note 8. screen sensitivity went to crap and just an all around bad protector. Not worth $50 honestly.

xxaarraa1983

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Instead of paying $50 for a damn screen protector, call your home owner's insurance and add electronic goods coverage to your policy. My policy charges me $17 per year for $5k of coverage. $50 deductible. They replaced my Pixel after I dropped it.

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Instead of paying $50 for a damn screen protector, call your home owner's insurance and add electronic goods coverage to your policy. My policy charges me $17 per year for $5k of coverage. $50 deductible. They replaced my Pixel after I dropped it.
I wonder if renters insurance also covers it. And it's covers drops? That's a great deal. I'm currently paying for 20k worth of coverage for my home, I need to look into it.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I never use any of the stupid protectors that adhere to the sides like zagg and bodyguardz. Whitestone Dome will be the only screen protector I use for this phone and any curved screen. All the other ones you have to sacrifice the screen quality and the touchscreen. I wouldn't eber waste money on those. The Whitestone is worth it