Returned my N8

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yep awesome phone! just one big problem that's right the phone is too big to carry, I use a belt clip and it's just to much felt like I was carrying a brick around.
So going to downgrade to sothing smaller that will fit my pocket.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yep awesome phone! just one big problem that's right the phone is too big to carry, I use a belt clip and it's just to much felt like I was carrying a brick around.

Aww, sad to see you go. Do what is right for you. Note8 gets heavy sometimes when I hold it too long but ain't no way I'm giving it up. Love my note8. Good luck:)

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
In all honesty the Note 8 is the largest Note ever, and they've always been one of the biggest phones available.

I downgraded in size to the S7 last year to have something more pocket friendly after using the N2, N3, N4, N5. Not only that but the constant stretching of my thumb actually caused pain and discomfort, and it went away a few weeks after switching to a smaller phone.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Well the note is a two handed device and a big phone if you have small hands it wouldn't be good anyway

Oh I don't know. I have really small hands and hand problems as well, and while I, too, find it feels heavy after using it for a long time, mostly it hasn't bothered me at all. It's a two handed phone. I occasionally put it in the top pocket of my jean jacket but it does stick up more than I like. Usually it's in my purse in the front zipper compartment, and I had my earphone in, playing music that way yesterday. It really isn't a lot bigger than the Note 7 at least not in hand. Or it doesn't feel that much bigger, to me. I love it.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I will never get rid of my Note 8 but then I also have several other smaller phones that I can use for times when I don't want the big phone. I spent the entire day with my family yesterday and brought my S7 Edge with me and left my Note 8 and S8+ home. It's nice to have choices and a big phone isn't right for every occasion, especially when going out at night to some places.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
HTC U11! Do yourself the favour :D that is the only smaller phone I'd get. :)

Last edited:

ahiqar

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Funny story: I did the same thing. Pre-ordered the note. Had it a few days. Took it back because I felt it was too big. Went back to my S8. Over the next week I completely missed the bigger screen and the pen and the camera, so I bought the Note 8 again. Happy as can be now. Yes, it's big and harder to pocket, but I decided I can live with that for all that I get with the Note 8.
I guess I'm saying, if you change your mind in a few days, don't be surprised. We will welcome you back with open arms!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
That's because the iPhone + is 3 mm wider than the Note 8. I never liked the iPhone + because I felt it too big anyways... going taller than the iPhone I don't think was the right direction.

Wish they made it an inch shorter. I think Apple sized the X perfectly between the their regular 8 and +. I think LG hit the sweet spot with their V30 size and still maintain 2:1 ratio.

Wow the note actually feels smaller than the S8 plus to me. Perfect size device in my opinion.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Funny story: I did the same thing. Pre-ordered the note. Had it a few days. Took it back because I felt it was too big. Went back to my S8. Over the next week I completely missed the bigger screen and the pen and the camera, so I bought the Note 8 again. Happy as can be now. Yes, it's big and harder to pocket, but I decided I can live with that for all that I get with the Note 8.
I guess I'm saying, if you change your mind in a few days, don't be surprised. We will welcome you back with open arms!

I did the exact same thing! I did use the opportunity when I bought it again to go to sams and get that $200 gift card LOL!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith