[Solved] How to get Reminder app on home screen?

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting reminders from my Note 8, telling me what time I get up, go to bed, etc. It's not only wrong, but highly annoying. I can't find the Reminder app anywhere though. I see it when I look at system apps, but I can't find how to bring it to the home page so that I can (hopefully) turn it off or at least control it. I can't block notifications from it completely from App Info. Anyone know how to get it to the home screen/app drawer?

Not sure if it's relative, but I do not use Bixby and have never gone through the setup process for it, nor do I intend to. I have the Bixby button remapped.

Last edited by a moderator:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to get Reminder app on home screen?

Is S Health active? I live such an unhealthy lifestyle (all in my line of work do), so I got S Health running reminding me of bed time, asking me when I wake up to rate my sleep etc. That's the only thing I can think of that's default on Samsung to do those. I don't think Google reminder does that. It can be turned off in the S Health Settings.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, but I don't see anything under the Google app settings about reminders.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

I keep getting reminders from my Note 8, telling me what time I get up, go to bed, etc. It's not only wrong, but highly annoying. I can't find the Reminder app anywhere though. I see it when I look at system apps, but I can't find how to bring it to the home page so that I can (hopefully) turn it off or at least control it. I can't block notifications from it completely from App Info. Anyone know how to get it to the home screen/app drawer?

Not sure if it's relative, but I do not use Bixby and have never gone through the setup process for it, nor do I intend to. I have the Bixby button remapped.
Go to Galaxy Apps and install Reminder.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Go to Galaxy Apps and install Reminder.

Thanks, but that did not work either. I finally got it to appear, though. All I had to do was pick a photo in the Gallery, choose to share it, and then choose the Reminder App to share it to. I then got a message about the Reminder app being installed and an icon placed on my home page. It now shows up in the App Drawer too. I've never had an app install that way, kind of half hidden until you use it explicitly, and then self-installing.

rcm999

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site

That did it! Too bad the developers make things so difficult to get to. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy