Who's using an SD card?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people wont NEED one but it's nice to have the extra storage , lots of people use it for big music/video collections so very handy

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
I store my 150GB music, music video collection plus a few movies on an eternal SD card. Samsung gave the US the finger by only limiting us to 64GB internal.

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
My Samsung gifts including charger and SD card are out on UPS truck to be delivered today. I'll be using my SD card for music and maybe photos.

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung gifts including charger and SD card are out on UPS truck to be delivered today. I'll be using my SD card for music and maybe photos.

Thanks for the reminder... I checked my status & it still says "processing gift" (although it is supposed to ship this week).

I'm not sure what I'll use it for in all honesty... maybe movies? After I take a picture, it is sync'd to Dropbox (1TB) and then I remove it from the gallery.

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reminder... I checked my status & it still says "processing gift" (although it is supposed to ship this week).

I'm not sure what I'll use it for in all honesty... maybe movies? After I take a picture, it is sync'd to Dropbox (1TB) and then I remove it from the gallery.

Is there a way to redeem one of these gifts if you bought your Note 8 last week from an actual Sprint store or was this for reorders only?

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have to have one. Podcasts, audiobooks and photos take up a lot of space. 99% of the time I have mediocre cell coverage and my internet at the farm is horribly slow so streaming is not an option for me.

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
All my music, photos, and some apps go to the card. Like WalkingHorse, my cell coverage can vary, depending on what mountain you are too close too or what valley/dip you are in.

I just wish there was an app to send stuff to another cloud, not just Dropbox or Drive. S3Anywhere has stopped working for me last year.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My camera is set to default storage for SD card, that way if the phone never fails I don't lose my pictures
Yes I use Google photos to I like a physical backup

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've got a 64GB Card in my S7 Active and it had all my Music and all my photos. I figured I'd just wait until the 128GB comes from Samsung rather than swap the one from the S7. When I got the Note 8, the Samsung Cloud Backup/Restore, restored all my music to the phone but only a few of my pictures. It sort of decided on it's own, which folders and images would go and not go - kinda' weird! Anyway, once the 128 arrives, I'll set it up just like the 64 was on the S7 Active and I'll be good to go. I even had the camera set up to store new images to the SD Card just to keep the phone clean (I guess)!

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
All my music, photos, and some apps go to the card. Like WalkingHorse, my cell coverage can vary, depending on what mountain you are too close too or what valley/dip you are in.

I just wish there was an app to send stuff to another cloud, not just Dropbox or Drive. S3Anywhere has stopped working for me last year.

Me too. I got 50gb of Box storage when HP give that away with their failed tablet firesale. That 50gb box cloud storage is free for life. Thanks HP!

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I have the 256 gb card from the Note 7 freebie in my Note 8. 30 gb of music, all my photos, which I also back up periodically to pc and from there to external hard drives, plus whatever apps will run easily off the card. I believe you can force most apps to run off it but I just moved the ones that let you move them. Having had two pc disasters in which the first time I lost everything and the second time lost the two days I hadn't backed up, I am super into backing up. Google photos does have most of my photos but not the wallpapers and various screen shots. I don't like the cloud. Between data breaches and having had two different services I was using stop existing, I much prefer multiple external back ups. The card is great for keeping the phone relatively uncrowded.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I got grandfathered into Flickr photos unlimited storage so all my photos and videos are uploaded automatically but I also store media on my 256gb card I got free I case I need them when I don't have data service.

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the 256GB Samsung card that a coworker got as a bonus when he purchased a note 7. He insisted on giving it to me even though I repeatedly pointed out that he could use it in two of his cameras and that he might get a note 8 himself. But he's got his heart set on an iPhone X, and said he had plenty of storage for his cameras.

He also wouldn't take any money for it. But he'll be getting a lot of free lunches for a while, I can tell you That!

Anyhow, I use the external storage mainly for music and photo storage, as well as downloaded PDFs, etc., which would otherwise be sorely limited by the measly 64GB that the phone came with. Some apps will likely also get installed there or moved there, too.

I also have almost all of the cloud turned off because I don't trust it. I backup to PC and external HDDs regularly, but maybe that's silly. I guess we'll see.

It's just nice to have the extra space, mainly for music and photos.

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'll be using it... Still waiting for my SD card since its still shows as "pre-order". 64gb is more than enough for me tho, since I store my music on google music Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol