Hey Samsung Your Note 8 is too Heavy

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Thus I returned mine. I dunno how you can carry this around comfortably with a case on top of it. It's like a brick and most likely to fall on your face one day in bed and give you a black eye. On a side note, (pun intended) is there any difference with the akg headphone in the note VS s8?

P. S. I wish they can put a spen for galaxy s8 size like a mini note. Samsung, I'd be all over that. I love the spen.

No doubt the mighty Note 8 is a big phone and is hefty for some

The Note 7 (which I still have) really did , imho, hit the sweet spot in form factor - perhaps the best feel in the hand of any phone I have ever owned - even HTC's.

However, the weight of the Note 8 does not bother me - it is such a feature rich beast that I rarely even notice its weight.

Not to mention that I am a big guy with large manly hands 😊

Loving my Note 8 more and more each day

IbeSasha

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I think the weight is OK. I have been mulling over for a long time if I should get an iPad or something similar for my car when I am on the go to browse websites when needed. But with the size of this screen I don't think I will need to go that route. So having this one exquisite phone is saving me money buying a pad and also saving me more money buying another data plan for that pad. It feels right to me.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think the weight is OK. I have been mulling over for a long time if I should get an iPad or something similar for my car when I am on the go to browse websites when needed. But with the size of this screen I don't think I will need to go that route. So having this one exquisite phone is saving me money buying a pad and also saving me more money buying another data plan for that pad. It feels right to me.

I have two iPads and honestly, they've been sitting in a drawer for the past 4 months or so. I only took the iPad Pro out to update it to iOS 11 last week. I played it with it for 5 minutes after and back in the drawer it went. With this phone there is no need for a bigger screen device.

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Thus I returned mine. I dunno how you can carry this around comfortably with a case on top of it. It's like a brick and most likely to fall on your face one day in bed and give you a black eye. On a side note, (pun intended) is there any difference with the akg headphone in the note VS s8?

P. S. I wish they can put a spen for galaxy s8 size like a mini note. Samsung, I'd be all over that. I love the spen.

It surely is a heavy beast!

And I had to laugh when I read your comment on having it fall on your face in bed. I dozed off while using an 8" tablet about six months ago, and had the corner of it fall right on my eye. It DID give me a black eye and caused a small hemotoma in my lower eyelid that only fully went away a few weeks ago.

The honkin' case I've got on my N8 adds to the size, and I've had to adopt a different way of holding the phone when using the keyboard than what I was used to with my old S2 - yes, I came from an S2 to this monster!

But I really like the size of the N8 for actually using it. It takes up a lot of space when carrying it, and it's heavy, of course, but it really is handy to have the extra size for most use. But it surely does go against the whole idea of having a small, light, convenient-to-carry device.

The weight is appropriate for its size, but it is heavy to hold.

I think we may have to come out with an exercise regime and an app that puts you through a daily workout to build up your shoulders, arms, wrists, and fingers and teaches you "proper form" for holding these phones in ways that don't cause repetitive motion injuries, cramps, arthritis, tendinitis, etc.

Use your phones carefully, everyone!

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
When I got my Note 8 I started to arm curls with it. It now feels light weight and I look ripped. Next week I am going to strap the phone to my head and do squats, can't skip leg day.

LOL, this is pretty funny. Probably the best reply to the OP. Likely the OP is a woman or a fragile or small man because I can't really see how the weight of the phone could be anything to complain about.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
After using iPhone 6S Plus and Mate 9, I decided 188gm and above we're in "too heavy" category.

I can palm a basketball, but ever since an accident that left me in pain to hold POTS phone, or type on keyboard, Have to pass on the Note 8.

The Mate is wider, and the more narrow Note would help. A case adds bulk more than weight, unless it is a metal case that is screwed oon - great protection but more weight.

The BlackBerry DTEK60 is a nice size/wt but dated.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely heavier than most phones but I previously used an s7 edge with a mophie juice pack case, so I'm use to weight. The phone is very solid high quality build and is reassuring. I hold it tighter instinctively which leads to a lesser chance of dropping it.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

Pick the case wisely.

IbeSasha

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
This phone is meant to be a two handed phone. You hold it in one hand and press what you need to press with the other. You get to use the S pen too which is so much nicer than getting your grubby fingerprints all over the pristine screen from top to bottom.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe just take the lead of T-Mobile and their "Everything MLB Commercial" and just get some Pine Tar for our phone hands?
Laugh_1a.jpg

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I love the weight of the Note 8. I was getting so sick of manufacturers trying to make the lightest possible phones. I love feeling my phone in my pocket.