10-04-2017 01:53 PM
89 123 ...
tools
    Thus I returned mine. I dunno how you can carry this around comfortably with a case on top of it. It's like a brick and most likely to fall on your face one day in bed and give you a black eye. On a side note, (pun intended) is there any difference with the akg headphone in the note VS s8?

P. S. I wish they can put a spen for galaxy s8 size like a mini note. Samsung, I'd be all over that. I love the spen.
    YaniCruz likes this.
    09-27-2017 11:09 AM
    It's not that heavy. I could probably life it with a sheet of toilet paper. Not sure why people want paper light phones but also want the. To be made of heavy stuff like batteries, metal and glass.

A plastic phone with a 2000 mah battery might be what you are looking for
    09-27-2017 11:15 AM
    I think the phone is just about right. But, everyone has their own opinion.
    09-27-2017 11:16 AM
    agreed. too heavy. N7 was the perfect weight and balance
    09-27-2017 11:22 AM
    I did find it quit heavy found myself resting it on top of soothing to use like a pillow sitting on the couch.
    Incredible phone with outstanding features, it's just the size that did me in. I'm back to an easily pocketable phone which works better for me.
    I was trying to use Samsung pay at the cashier and I just found the size of it a big inconvenience to pull out for use in public, normally I use my Watch S3 any way, I was going for 3000 points in SP for using the phone, that's kind of what tiped the scale for me.
    09-27-2017 11:29 AM
    I did find it quit heavy found myself resting it on top of soothing to use like a pillow sitting on the couch.
    Incredible phone with outstanding features, it's just the size that did me in. I'm back to an easily pocketable phone which works better for me.
    I was trying to use Samsung pay at the cashier and I just found the size of it a big inconvenience to pull out for use in public, normally I use my Watch S3 any way, I was going for 3000 points in SP for using the phone, that's kind of what tiped the scale for me.
    I know what you mean. I wanted the 3000 points too but hey, I have 40,000 pts right now so it doesn't really matter haha
    09-27-2017 11:31 AM
    BTW, anyone know about my akg headphone question?
    09-27-2017 11:31 AM
    I know what you mean. I wanted the 3000 points too but hey, I have 40,000 pts right now so it doesn't really matter haha
    You got enough points for a vacation
    09-27-2017 11:38 AM
    I love it's heft ๐Ÿ˜ phone feels super solid.

This phone is certainly not for everyone, it's larger than most phones and weighs more than most phones.

Sort of people who would love the Note8 are people who would have loved phones like the Nokia E90 and rest of the Communicator series, HTC TyTN series and TouchPro Series, Sony Ericsson Pseries etc...
    09-27-2017 11:41 AM
    It's not that heavy. My original galaxy note was more unwieldy and I carried that around for 16 months.
    eshropshire likes this.
    09-27-2017 11:42 AM
    agreed. too heavy. N7 was the perfect weight and balance
    I have to agree. The Note 7 hit the sweet spot. Good size, weight and feel. The Note 8 just does not have that same feel in the hand.
    That being said, I still prefer the Note 8 over any other phone currently available. I can adapt to its "short comings".
    09-27-2017 11:44 AM
    It is heavy(solid) and I admit when I actually talk on the phone to the two people I ever call instead of text, my hand gets numb after a while. But then, my hand get numb after a while brushing my teeth too and I am not going to stop doing that or using this phone, which I totally love. In an odd way, the weight is reassuring--I am careful with how I pick it up and aware of it, so less likely to carelessly knock it off something or drop it. It works just fine in the front pocket of my purse and in my jeans jacket that has a deep front pocket. Just me, of course. I know people have other views on it and if it's not comfortable for you, get something that is. Lot of phones out there and coming out soon.
    Gray Area and dlgus like this.
    09-27-2017 12:08 PM
    It is heavy(solid) and I admit when I actually talk on the phone to the two people I ever call instead of text, my hand gets numb after a while. But then, my hand get numb after a while brushing my teeth too and I am not going to stop doing that or using this phone, which I totally love. In an odd way, the weight is reassuring--I am careful with how I pick it up and aware of it, so less likely to carelessly knock it off something or drop it. It works just fine in the front pocket of my purse and in my jeans jacket that has a deep front pocket. Just me, of course. I know people have other views on it and if it's not comfortable for you, get something that is. Lot of phones out there and coming out soon.
    haha good analogy but you probably use your tooth brush for 2-3 minutes. Phones, you literally sometimes use it for 10 ~20 minutes. I really think if Samsung paid attention to the heft, it would have helped. The gs8 plus is pretty light with a bigger battery. I doubt the spen is making it more heavier.
    09-27-2017 12:11 PM
    Resting in a holster on my hip I don't view it as heavy, but everyone has an opinion and it isn't for you.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-27-2017 12:26 PM
    When I got my Note 8 I started to arm curls with it. It now feels light weight and I look ripped. Next week I am going to strap the phone to my head and do squats, can't skip leg day.
    09-27-2017 12:28 PM
    BTW, anyone know about my akg headphone question?
    Yes, same ones.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-27-2017 12:31 PM
    Heavy? I hardly feel it in my pocket if it wasnt for the size of the phone. It's not that heavy at all to me.
    eshropshire likes this.
    09-27-2017 12:33 PM
    How is the note heavy its not what do you want an phone that's light as an feather
    09-27-2017 12:38 PM
    My wife and I just each did a blind two handed test of my S7 Active vs the Note 8 and neither one of us could really tell the difference. I then looked up the specs - turns out the much smaller S7 Active is only 0.35ozs. lighter (probably that 4000mah battery) than the Note 8. I guess that's why I don't find it a big deal after carrying the S7 Active for the last nine months!!!
    Gray Area and LegalAmerican like this.
    09-27-2017 12:45 PM
    Heavier than my MXPE, (which is already heavy) fantastic
    09-27-2017 12:45 PM
    Removed... ๐Ÿ˜
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-27-2017 12:48 PM
    Thus I returned mine. I dunno how you can carry this around comfortably with a case on top of it. It's like a brick and most likely to fall on your face one day in bed and give you a black eye. On a side note, (pun intended) is there any difference with the akg headphone in the note VS s8?

P. S. I wish they can put a spen for galaxy s8 size like a mini note. Samsung, I'd be all over that. I love the spen.
    No doubt the mighty Note 8 is a big phone and is hefty for some

The Note 7 (which I still have) really did , imho, hit the sweet spot in form factor - perhaps the best feel in the hand of any phone I have ever owned - even HTC's.

However, the weight of the Note 8 does not bother me - it is such a feature rich beast that I rarely even notice its weight.

Not to mention that I am a big guy with large manly hands ๐Ÿ˜Š

Loving my Note 8 more and more each day
    09-27-2017 02:47 PM
    I think the weight is OK. I have been mulling over for a long time if I should get an iPad or something similar for my car when I am on the go to browse websites when needed. But with the size of this screen I don't think I will need to go that route. So having this one exquisite phone is saving me money buying a pad and also saving me more money buying another data plan for that pad. It feels right to me.
    09-27-2017 02:48 PM
    I think the weight is OK. I have been mulling over for a long time if I should get an iPad or something similar for my car when I am on the go to browse websites when needed. But with the size of this screen I don't think I will need to go that route. So having this one exquisite phone is saving me money buying a pad and also saving me more money buying another data plan for that pad. It feels right to me.
    I have two iPads and honestly, they've been sitting in a drawer for the past 4 months or so. I only took the iPad Pro out to update it to iOS 11 last week. I played it with it for 5 minutes after and back in the drawer it went. With this phone there is no need for a bigger screen device.
    IbeSasha likes this.
    09-27-2017 02:52 PM
    Too heavy? Really.
    jimd1050, vwite and eshropshire like this.
    09-27-2017 03:04 PM
89 123 ...