Good to be back

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Against my better judgement, I grabbed a note 8 last night on a whim and its so good to be back. I swore I wouldnt pay $1000 for a phone and swore I wouldnt get one this big, but man did I miss this S-Pen.

After coming from the S8+, S8, ungodly amount of other phones Ive tried in the past year and a half, Samsung seems to have fixed my major annoyances with the S8 line.

Bluetooth on the S8+'s and S8's Ive had SUCKED. Couldnt even keep the phone in my pocket and not have interference with my headphones. That happened with every S8 and S8+ I bought, which was I believe 6. With the Note 8, I havent had a single issue and have finally been able to walk away from my phone sitting on a desk and maintain connection past 10 feet.

Theres some other minor things Ive found throughout the day but bluetooth was huge for me.

The only problem I have found is my favorite theme (pure_black circle) isnt 100% working on the Note like it did on the S8 and S8+ so Ive got to find another theme.

Anyways, good to see some familiar names were as tempted as I was.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the High Contrast Theme : Sky Black from Samsung. It's working perfectly on my N8. The only downside to it is that they didn't think to make the notifications pull down dark. Makes no sense but everything else is black, so I've noticed much improved battery since I installed it a couple days ago.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the High Contrast Theme : Sky Black from Samsung. It's working perfectly on my N8. The only downside to it is that they didn't think to make the notifications pull down dark. Makes no sense but everything else is black, so I've noticed much improved battery since I installed it a couple days ago.

I actually just installed that one and a few others. I have some empty menus on the other theme that doesnt happen on my S8. Im sure Ill find something I like as much.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Trust me I've said the same to myself and I've never owned the Note line before the Note8. After I upgraded to the S8+, I told myself no more new phone until at least 2 years ...... then the Note8 came out and I ordered it for my sister since she was always a Note kind of girl (she had the Note 7 and had to give it up twice). When hers came in the mail, I played with it and after a few days of me trying to tell myself NOT to get the Note8, I ended up getting myself the Note8 🤣🤣🤣 goes to show that sometimes it's okay to give into temptation. But in all seriousness, no more new phones for me for a while at least lol

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Trust me I've said the same to myself and I've never owned the Note line before the Note8. After I upgraded to the S8+, I told myself no more new phone until at least 2 years ...... then the Note8 came out and I ordered it for my sister since she was always a Note kind of girl (she had the Note 7 and had to give it up twice). When hers came in the mail, I played with it and after a few days of me trying to tell myself NOT to get the Note8, I ended up getting myself the Note8 ?????????????????? goes to show that sometimes it's okay to give into temptation. But in all seriousness, no more new phones for me for a while at least lol

lol. Anything that made you want to go to Note 8 from S8+ beside the S-pen?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Trust me I've said the same to myself and I've never owned the Note line before the Note8. After I upgraded to the S8+, I told myself no more new phone until at least 2 years ...... then the Note8 came out and I ordered it for my sister since she was always a Note kind of girl (she had the Note 7 and had to give it up twice). When hers came in the mail, I played with it and after a few days of me trying to tell myself NOT to get the Note8, I ended up getting myself the Note8 🤣🤣🤣 goes to show that sometimes it's okay to give into temptation. But in all seriousness, no more new phones for me for a while at least lol
I went to best buy Monday night to play with one and after 5 minutes I asked if they had any in stock. They didn't and searched the surrounding area and nobody had one. I walked out of the store saying "whew, thank God they are sold out, I don't need to buy another phone". Then Tuesday happened and I spent a good chunk of my workday watching YouTube reviews. On my way home I decided I would give it one final shot so I pulled into T-Mobile and sure enough they had 1 black one left. Now here I sit saying "this phone must last me at least a year, hopefully 2". So I'm secretly hoping the Note 9 is $2000 or is horrible to look at.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Against my better judgement, I grabbed a note 8 last night on a whim and its so good to be back. I swore I wouldnt pay $1000 for a phone and swore I wouldnt get one this big, but man did I miss this S-Pen.

After coming from the S8+, S8, ungodly amount of other phones Ive tried in the past year and a half, Samsung seems to have fixed my major annoyances with the S8 line.

Bluetooth on the S8+'s and S8's Ive had SUCKED. Couldnt even keep the phone in my pocket and not have interference with my headphones. That happened with every S8 and S8+ I bought, which was I believe 6. With the Note 8, I havent had a single issue and have finally been able to walk away from my phone sitting on a desk and maintain connection past 10 feet.

Theres some other minor things Ive found throughout the day but bluetooth was huge for me.

The only problem I have found is my favorite theme (pure_black circle) isnt 100% working on the Note like it did on the S8 and S8+ so Ive got to find another theme.

Anyways, good to see some familiar names were as tempted as I was.

Welcome back!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad