how to control how frequently Email app refreshes, synchronizes when app not open

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Is there a setting to control how frequently the samsung email app refreshes synchonizes when app not opened? If yes, where is it, how to do? (also I'd like facebook to synchronize refresh notifications more frequently than currently when fb app not opened)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Is there a setting to control how frequently the samsung email app refreshes synchonizes when app not opened? If yes, where is it, how to do? (also I'd like facebook to synchronize refresh notifications more frequently than currently when fb app not opened)
Open email app>settings>tap on account you want to manage>sync settings.

On Facebook its default to push. But you can find it under notification settings.

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site

On Facebook its default to push. But you can find it under notification settings.

On Email app, I see a Refresh upon opening app, but do not see the 'manage>sync settings'. Where o where? (similar on fb in setting, i see Push, but not any sync within notifications)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
On Email app, I see a Refresh upon opening app, but do not see the 'manage>sync settings'. Where o where? (similar on fb in setting, i see Push, but not any sync within notifications)
You don't look for 'manage'. You look for the account you want to manage. For example: 'bialy@gmail.com'. Tap the account name and you'll see more settings referring to that account.

Push is the sync schedule. That means it will sync immediately. You can't set the schedule on FB. You can only set it to 'push' which is notify immediately as soon as there is a notification, or in app, where in it only refreshes once you open the app.

Of course both of these settings are affected by Doze mode.

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
You don't look for 'manage'. You look for the account you want to manage. For example: 'bialy@gmail.com'. Tap the account name and you'll see more settings referring to that account.

Push is the sync schedule. That means it will sync immediately. .

Thanks. I'm just not seeing 'sync'. Maybe a screen shot would help if you have time.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I'm just not seeing 'sync'. Maybe a screen shot would help if you have time.

Edit:

I tried to post all 4 screenshots but the AC app dumped 3 of them. Why Android apps on AC are so broken is beyond me.

Go into settings in the email app, click on your account, then Sync schedule, then Set Sync schedule

Attachments

• 13267.jpg
    13267.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site

Thank you chanchan5 (doc who). Your suggestion worked (ignore my earlier post saying it did not work, as it was late at night and I was tired).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay