Anyone have problems with the Zagg HD glass protector on note 8?

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
As much as I luv my note 8 after buying 3 screen protectors I may be forced to give up on Curved screens... Million of dollars wasted on these screen protectors that are useless.

Chakotay Mr

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
Typing is difficult, tapping on apps are harder, scrolling through screens. Have to touch so much harder to get keys to work. I am wondering if I should take back to best buy for a redo
Hi!

Yes i have same problem. Samsung recommended this zagg screen protector in the samsung shop.
but i need to touch harder than before.

I want to change to tech21 screen protector.

blemoon42

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
this past weekend I bought the zagg glass for my note 8 and like other people it's unresponsive in certain areas mainly the edges.
so just for the heck of it I called zaggs customer service and they are replacing it with the upgraded one for free and also waived the shipping fee.

so I'm very pleased with there customer service. the upgraded one is called the curve elite.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I had the Note 8 for a couple of days. Awesome phone. ...but I couldn't live with the unresponsiveness caused by the $40 BodyGuards and I couldn't live without a sp...so I returned the phone and ended up with this Mate 9 and iPhone X.

I actually came looking in the forums for a good screen protector for the Note 8 that will no cause sensitivity issues and will work with a case. ...just in case I decide to get the Note 8 again in the future. It's an incredible device.

JKfromTX

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
I got my new Note 8 a week ago today, January to 5th. I also purchased the Zagg glass screen protector at the same time and they put it on immediately.

This morning as I was waking up, my phone slid off the bed onto the carpeted floor. No big deal as I also have a very good protective case on my Note 8.

The weird thing is that the screen protector had popped off my phone and was lying on the floor next to it. It did not stay on my phone very well, and I too had issues with screen sensitivity once the screen protector was applied.

I have decided to return the Zagg back to Best Buy for a full refund, and just not put a screen protector on my phone at all. I honestly thought there was something wrong with my Note 8 regarding the screen sensitivity issue. Surprised to find out that it was the screen protector causing the problem.

I had the Note 4 prior to the Note 8, and I had the Zagg screen protector on it as well, but that was a flat screen not a curved screen. I never had issues with screen sensitivity with the Note 4.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
When I got my note they put one on and it was horrible. Couldn't type or really do anything on it. I sent in for a replacement from zagg i put it on myself this time and this one has been fine. I dunno if it's cause I pushed this one down harder than they did or what but when I pushed the original one in the center it flexed. The new one has no flex at all.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I really want to get another Note 8 but I absolutely must have a good screen protector. When I had a BodyGuardz it made the touch response horrid. Such that I took it off and returned the phone. If I can find a good sp that doesn't ruin touch sensitivity I may get and keep another Note 8.

Last edited:

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I really want to get another Note 8 but I absolutely must have a good screen protector. When I had a BodyGuardz it made the touch response horrid. Such that I took it off and returned the phone. If I can find a good spot that doesn't ruin touch sensitivity I may get and keep another Note 8.

The new Zagg Glass Curve Elite seems to fix those things, I'm planning on getting one soon when it is back in stock.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
The new Zagg Glass Curve Elite seems to fix those things, I'm planning on getting one soon when it is back in stock.

I just got my Curve Elite as warranty replacement from Zagg. Verizon put it on for me at no charge since I purchased the original one from them. It took a while to get the bubbles out. Otherwise, the installation was straight forward. The protector doesn't seem to cover quite as much of the curved edge as the old Zagg. Perhaps, this was done to increase the edge adhesion and to insure that it would be case friendly. The new Zagg is less reflective than the old, making fingerprints less visible. Screen sensitivity is excellent.
The verdict is still out on how this will hold up over time and how it will protect the screen underneath in the event of a drop.
Hopefully, I won't have to test the latter.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Had mine on since Best Buy launch. No issues. Kind of wish I didn't pay for them to install it.

Why? They installed it right, if you aren't having any issues with it. I would have thought it was money well spent, since many people weren't so lucky when installing it themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12