Spigen Tough Armor: Stiff Buttons?

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Spigen Touch Armor since I got the phone last week-end. In general I like it, but I do find the buttons, especially the power button, difficult to press, and even the feel makes them difficult to find.

This isn't a huge issue, but it is bothersome, making me think about getting something different.

Do others with this case find the same thing, or do I have a bad unit?

I want a fairly minimalist case, but still providing adequate protection, with a kick-stand, and compatible with the Whitestone Dome (which I just put on last night).

Thanks for any experience/opinions.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday and they are a little stiff but so was mine on the S8 at first. They tend to loosen up a bit over time.

My only complaint with the Tough Armor is it's heavy, adding to an already hefty phone.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't say they are stiff however they are hard to find because they are flush with the phone, on the positive side I love the textured bixby button, very clever to make it textured

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to you both for the replies. Yes, also a bit hard to find.

At this point, I've disabled Bixby Button, preferring the experience I get with Google Assistant. May look into remapping this button down the road. So I agree, making this textured is a good move, but not helpful to me at the moment! :(

KateBeckett

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
Mine isn't tough to press at all. But then I've used Otterbox Commuters on both my previous phones so maybe this is just easy comparatively.

I do agree that the power button is a bit tough to find by touch, though.

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten better at finding it, and it seems I have to reach my finger a little further toward the front of the phone, and when it's in the right place, it's not quite as hard to press it. As you said, probably just have to get used to it. With the case on my prior Note 3, which I had for almost 4 years, the phone's buttons weren't covered at all, so that's my baseline.

And it seems to be working fine with my Whitestone Dome, so that's good.

IbeSasha

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
The power button is hard to find but other than that this is my favorite minimalist case so far the the one I have on my phone at the present. I got the blue one which is attractive black and deep blue combo.

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for about a week and a half and yes they are stiff to start but loosen up after a few days. Now they really seem almost perfect for tactil response

king

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If you're patient (which I'm usually not) you'll find that the buttons do loosen up, as mentioned by other posters. I use to hit the Bixby button instead of the volume buttons but this case does alleviate that with the different texture of the bixby button. One mistake I made was taking off the hard back, while leaving the inner case still on, and it lifted the corner of my cheap tempered glass screen protector. Time to install Whitestone. Hopefully I won't have the same problem - time will tell.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say the buttons are hard to press on mine. In fact one of the things I like about Spigen cases in general is that the buttons always feel good and responsive unlike some other cases I've tried

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, several months later, and I would have to say that my buttons are fairly stiff. Guess it's the individual case I got for the Note 8.

We recently bought the same model of case for my wife's Galaxy S8, and the buttons are more flexible than mine.

Just a minor annoyance that I can deal with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol