Note 8 Verizon has FM tuner via Nextradio!!!

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it really uses an FM radio. If I turn off Wi-Fi it stops. So, it's just streaming it... like every other service does.

h2ofun

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Yep, I got the tuner to work also. You have to hit the button. But the streaming quality was so much better that I just stream now.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
It order for NextRadio to play FM from over-the-air, you MUST plug in your headphones. The headphone cord acts as an antenna. If you don't plug in the headphones, it will stream over the internet.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It order for NextRadio to play FM from over-the-air, you MUST plug in your headphones. The headphone cord acts as an antenna. If you don't plug in the headphones, it will stream over the internet.

Can you answer a question for me? I am on Sprint but same difference all my phones have always had an FM tuner. I listen to the radio live in real time with this cord one end plugged into my phone in the headphone jack but I don't wear headphones I plug the other end into my Bluetooth speakers which makes the Antenna and I get FM radio using Next Radio. Been that way for every Sprint phone I have had since HTC to my 7 Edge which still works this way.

I just got an unlocked Note 8 and was getting an error message about headphones and antenna didn't work so I thought oh great no FM tuner on unlocked version and got upset. But than I tried the actual headphones that came with the phone and it worked. So why won't it work the way I was doing it with the plug one end into phone one end into Bluetooth speaker. I tried my 7 edge again it does it but the Note don't. I am glad it works at least but don't want to have to wear those ear buds everytime I'm listening to radio trying to win something. LOL! I liked it coming through my speaker and it's not a bad cord cause it works on my 7 Edge. Maybe it has something to do with unlocked version but that's weird it's the same cord I used on the 7 edge to make antenna. Just thought someone would know the answer.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC