my Gear Fit 2 app was recently updated on my N8. the previous version auto-connected perfect without interaction if it was disconnected for whatever reason. this most reason version disconnects but requires me to manually reconnect each time. IF I already had root on my N8 I would merely roll back to the previous version that worked perfectly. now, because I can't do that I am annoyed and inconvenienced when it decides to disconnect without also reconnecting. ymmv
    09-29-2017 01:27 PM
    Ummm... you don't need root to roll back an app update. You just need to find the app's APK file for the specific version you're looking for.
    09-29-2017 01:34 PM
    Ummm... you don't need root to roll back an app update. You just need to find the app's APK file for the specific version you're looking for.
    that wouldn't still be on my device after updating and I won't download from the net.
    09-30-2017 08:44 AM
    Yet you're perfectly fine with downloading the full OS... mmmkay.
    09-30-2017 07:31 PM
    Yet you're perfectly fine with downloading the full OS... mmmkay.
    from well-known and well-trusted devs. not just anyone. been doing it for a decade now.

like I wouldn't take my car down the street to a guy with just a sign and no rep to do my auto work. I go to trusted, known shops only.

eta - and we ALL download full OS every time we accept an update from Sammy or Sprint or whatever carrier. there's the trust factor. otherwise we wouldn't do it. it's fine if you don't want to root, just like it's fine if I or others do.
    10-01-2017 12:21 PM