Does Nova or any other launcher give option to swipe screen to the right to go back basically like a back arrow button) like iOS?

One thing I still catch myself trying and a feature I miss... on iOS in practically any app you have the ability of just swiping a screen to the right to go to the last screen/page you were viewing... basically swiping instead of using the back button. And some apps able to swipe forward.

A phone this big where you may have to change holding habits, being able to swipe would be so much better than reaching for the back button near the button.
    09-29-2017 11:32 PM
    nope, it gives you the back button 😉
    09-30-2017 01:09 AM
    Launchers can't control the behavior of the interface in-app. What you're asking requires system level implementation. If you're using two hands, the back buttom isn't difficult to reach. And if you're intent on using one hand, you can always trigger one handed mode.
    09-30-2017 02:12 AM
    Does Nova or any other launcher give option to swipe screen to the right to go back basically like a back arrow button) like iOS?

One thing I still catch myself trying and a feature I miss... on iOS in practically any app you have the ability of just swiping a screen to the right to go to the last screen/page you were viewing... basically swiping instead of using the back button. And some apps able to swipe forward.

A phone this big where you may have to change holding habits, being able to swipe would be so much better than reaching for the back button near the button.
    Nova has gestures, but not to go back. There is a app you can download, I've tried what your asking and it allows you to do what you want to, but you have to do it from the edge of the screen on left edge or right edge. I set it up on the right edge and swipe to the left and it goes back pages just fine. Bonus is you have all kinds of other gesture options to do for other things, swipe up/down, long press, and others. If you do Nova prime, you will be able to do other gestures on the screen also, swipe up/down, I use double tap to turn screen off, there's more also.

But this app will allow you to do the edge swipe to do the back page plus a lot more gestures, and it works good.

This phone is big, but by no means is it not able to be used one handed, I use this phone one handed 99% of the time. With Nova prime, gestures, and resizable keyboards it is easy to do one handed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.edgegestures
    09-30-2017 07:28 AM
    Yeah, I thought it might be more of an OS level type feature but wondered developers had ability and done so... like if developers had the power to create an app that can run at all times to let you do stuff like screen shots using a custom finger gesture then something like a finger swipe to go back, forward, etc might be possible. Figured maybe a launcher app could be able. I remember having a phone where 2 or 3 finger swipes were programmable... but I guess that was manufacturer feature and they have more power.

Not a biggie... but a phone this size or I guess doesn't matter size it's a nice feature.

Always a transition period from one platform to another and you'll find little things you wish you had from the other or noticed an implementation used in an app on one OS and different on another... like in YouTube I personally miss when auto-rotate is enabled, that while watching a video you can just turn the phone to landscape mode in iOS and the video auto rotates to full screen landscape without have to press the rotate button in app. I can't seem to do it on my Note.
    09-30-2017 07:45 AM
    Yeah, I thought it might be more of an OS level type feature but wondered developers had ability and done so... like if developers had the power to create an app that can run at all times to let you do stuff like screen shots using a custom finger gesture then something like a finger swipe to go back, forward, etc might be possible. Figured maybe a launcher app could be able. I remember having a phone where 2 or 3 finger swipes were programmable... but I guess that was manufacturer feature and they have more power.

Not a biggie... but a phone this size or I guess doesn't matter size it's a nice feature.

Always a transition period from one platform to another and you'll find little things you wish you had from the other or noticed an implementation used in an app on one OS and different on another... like in YouTube I personally miss when auto-rotate is enabled, that while watching a video you can just turn the phone to landscape mode in iOS and the video auto rotates to full screen landscape without have to press the rotate button in app. I can't seem to do it on my Note.
    Well it could be done, using the overlay capability of the OS. The closest probaby is the app suggested above.

Hmm. My phone goes fullscreen when I turn my phone sideways and autorotate js enabled.
    09-30-2017 07:48 AM
    Thanks, you're post appeared after I posted my last one... I'll check it out.

BTW Mods.. happens to me at least... but what's with these URLS that people include in their posts not redirecting to the URL intended when you press on link? I figured it's some control to limit going to other party sites but this one goes to Google Play and still brings up a tab pointing back to forum.

Is it just me or need to change a setting in browser? TIA,

Nova has gestures, but not to go back. There is a app you can download, I've tried what your asking and it allows you to do what you want to, but you have to do it from the edge of the screen on left edge or right edge. I set it up on the right edge and swipe to the left and it goes back pages just fine. Bonus is you have all kinds of other gesture options to do for other things, swipe up/down, long press, and others. If you do Nova prime, you will be able to do other gestures on the screen also, swipe up/down, I use double tap to turn screen off, there's more also.

But this app will allow you to do the edge swipe to do the back page plus a lot more gestures, and it works good.

This phone is big, but by no means is it not able to be used one handed, I use this phone one handed 99% of the time. With Nova prime, gestures, and resizable keyboards it is easy to do one handed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.edgegestures
    09-30-2017 07:51 AM
    I'll check my YouTube settings later. Honestly I didn't look into the settings... thought it would be a default feature.

Hmm. My phone goes fullscreen when I turn my phone sideways and autorotate js enabled.
    09-30-2017 07:53 AM
    Thanks, you're post appeared after I posted my last one... I'll check it out.

BTW Mods.. happens to me at least... but what's with these URLS that people include in their posts not redirecting to the URL intended when you press on link? I figured it's some control to limit going to other party sites but this one goes to Google Play and still brings up a tab pointing back to forum.

Is it just me or need to change a setting in browser? TIA,
    Another thing you can do is add a edge panel. It's called softkey edge. It does what your asking but requires a extra step, the earlier app I listed above is right there to use. I use the softkey for screen shots, works great and easier to do versus the push two buttons at the same time.

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/app...uipID=SM-N950U
    09-30-2017 08:03 AM
    Scratch that. Fixed. Oddest thing... toggles the auto-rotate off and on, opened Youtube and tested... worked. Thanks.

I'll check my YouTube settings later. Honestly I didn't look into the settings... thought it would be a default feature.
    09-30-2017 08:05 AM
    I just happen to see that SoftKey panel in a SakiTech video last night.

I was thinking of getting it for the screen shot feature at the ready even though I have been using the left palm swipe across the screen pretty well. I also liked the lock screen key but if I recall Nova put in LG's double tap to lock feature and if I go Nova then would implement that.

I really wanted to stay stock Samsung everything; launcher, stock message and keyboard instead of Nova, Textra and SwiftKey like I had on my previous setups but starting to lean towards it with every new day lol.

Another thing you can do is add a edge panel. It's called softkey edge. It does what your asking but requires a extra step, the earlier app I listed above is right there to use. I use the softkey for screen shots, works great and easier to do versus the push two buttons at the same time.

You will be taken to Galaxy Apps.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fc72c08e07.jpg
    09-30-2017 08:15 AM
    I just happen to see that SoftKey panel in a SakiTech video last night.

I was thinking of getting it for the screen shot feature at the ready even though I have been using the left palm swipe across the screen pretty well. I also liked the lock screen key but if I recall Nova put in LG's double tap to lock feature and if I go Nova then would implement that.

I really wanted to stay stock Samsung everything; launcher, stock message and keyboard instead of Nova, Textra and SwiftKey like I had on my previous setups but starting to lean towards it with every new day lol.
    Don't fight it, lol. Make the phone the way you want it and be happy. I have the Nova prime, textra, gboard keyboard.

And yes, Nova launcher has the double knock gesture you can use for lock screen, I use it all the time.
    donm527 likes this.
    09-30-2017 08:25 AM