Galaxy Note Heat problem

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
My note8 is getting warm very quickly after browsing thru internet and youtube. The cpu temp is around 37 c after 5 mins of using and battery temp is around 38 c . Is this normal? I can feel the heat when it's in my pocket. Room temp is around 28 c

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't sound wrong to me, these devices do tend to get warm so as long as it is not burning hot you should be fine, mine is defo running a lot cooler than my note 4 did

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That's very normal.

My Moto Z that I had would often get really hot to the point of severe thermal throttling even through the simple act of sending a message.

My Note8 barely gets warm even while recording UHD video.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine has only gotten even warm twice, once when charging in my living room when it was 92 degrees F both inside and outside (we don't get enough of those days to warrant air conditioning). And once when I was using it a lot waiting for a delayed bus in bright sunshine on an 88 degree day. Otherwise, even on hot days and using it a lot, it barely gets even lukewarm.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I use a Neo Hybrid case so it may hide any feeling of high heat but using it full time for last week I haven't experienced any noticeable heat issue. I'll sit in a car, engine off, windows up and watch YouTube while high 80s outside FLA weather at times... waiting in school car line, parking lot at ballet practice, etc., lol. Today spent over an hour/90 minutes using Google Maps and didn't really notice any heat. Phone has been cool running.

IbeSasha

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Mine had never felt hot to me and according to my Gsam battery app it has never gone above 92 or 93F. So your 100F temp sounds a bit high to me.

WAI YAN 0208

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
My note 8 goes up to 69'C during normal use like facebook,you tube and bixby. So i go to cunstomer service near me and they found that my phone does has heating problem. They took my ph and all accessories and told me that it is too late to get a replacement. It is only 13 days from purchase. Is this right? What can i do now? Please help me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15