"In-Call Volume" issue

b.grdner

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I originally posted this under the 'Volume" posting but wasn't getting any responses so I am reposting it under a new thread...

My volume was low while playing a game or watching media and when I tried to turn it up (using the volume buttons) "In-call volume" is the only control I get. I pulled the drop down and all my volumes are at full. I also made sure the phone app wasn't open in the background.

I have to restart the phone in order to "reset" that and give me control of media volume.

Has anyone else had this happen?

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I originally posted this under the 'Volume" posting but wasn't getting any responses so I am reposting it under a new thread...

My volume was low while playing a game or watching media and when I tried to turn it up (using the volume buttons) "In-call volume" is the only control I get. I pulled the drop down and all my volumes are at full. I also made sure the phone app wasn't open in the background.

I have to restart the phone in order to "reset" that and give me control of media volume.

Has anyone else had this happen?
I guess no one has experienced this. Try factory resetting it. If that doesn't help contact your carrier and let them troubleshoot it over the phone. Let them know you tried factory reset and they should send you a replacement phone. Good luck.

b.grdner

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I guess no one has experienced this. Try factory resetting it. If that doesn't help contact your carrier and let them troubleshoot it over the phone. Let them know you tried factory reset and they should send you a replacement phone. Good luck.

Thanks, I'll try that.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: "In-Call Volume" issue

Before doing the nuclear factory reset, the far better option to try would be to wipe the cache partition in recovery mode. That will take care of a lot of weird issues, at least it has for me over the many years I've used Android phones. If it works, it will save you a ton of time setting up your phone all over again.

To wipe the Note 8 cache partition:

Back up data on the internal memory.

Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.

When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight 'wipe cache partition'.

Press Power button to select.

Press the Volume down key until 'yes' is highlighted and press the Power button.

When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

I've never lost any data at all doing this procedure for years on all my Android devices but do this at your own risk. Make sure to follow the directions exactly because if you accidentally select factory reset here, you will lose all your data stored on the phone's memory.

I performed this on my N8 after I set it all up without issue.

b.grdner

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
@svrctec: So far wiping the cache has worked. I have full control on my volume levels (not just "In-call volume".

Thanks for the tip!

b.grdner

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome! Hope it keeps working.

Well...it didn't! :mad: I think I might have found the smoking gun though. I have a Jabra Freeway hands free device for my car and when I turned it on, and it connected, I pressed the volume buttons and there it was, the In-call volume.
I also can't listen to ringtones or other media (even though I'm not in a call!)

Screenshot_20171003-141650.jpgScreenshot_20171003-141441.jpg

When I force stopped the Jabra assistant application on my phone I got the sound controls back to normal.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Well...it didn't! :mad: I think I might have found the smoking gun though. I have a Jabra Freeway hands free device for my car and when I turned it on, and it connected, I pressed the volume buttons and there it was, the In-call volume.
I also can't listen to ringtones or other media (even though I'm not in a call!)

When I force stopped the Jabra assistant application on my phone I got the sound controls back to normal.

Glad you got it sorted out!

ddsf

Oct 31, 2017
Visit site

I am having the same problem with my phone. I don't have a Jabra headset.

Palyyyy

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
I got the same problem as you but why is android not fixing the issue? And factory restinng will not help. I have done it twice and it did not fix the problem. This is an android problem.mI am on a jabra steath headphone. I even went to buy a new Jabra just to be sure. If started with an update that samsung did in september and ever since then this issue is not resolved even thought we have had 2 updates since then. I was on a brand new S8+ AND NOW I AM ON A NOTE 8 AND THE PROB IS STILL THERE! VERY PISSED OFF ABOUT IT.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my phone. I don't have a Jabra headset.
I got the same problem as you but why is android not fixing the issue? And factory restinng will not help. I have done it twice and it did not fix the problem. This is an android problem.mI am on a jabra steath headphone. I even went to buy a new Jabra just to be sure. If started with an update that samsung did in september and ever since then this issue is not resolved even thought we have had 2 updates since then. I was on a brand new S8+ AND NOW I AM ON A NOTE 8 AND THE PROB IS STILL THERE! VERY PISSED OFF ABOUT IT.
I've found that there are some issues with Bluetooth and I think it stems from the dual connect feature not functioning properly.
2 things that fix my issues are toggling Bluetooth off since it thinks it's in a call constantly fow whatever reason.
Sometimes if 2 things are connected (in my case my watch and a Bluetooth headset) the dual audio feature enables and makes the volume reduce which is remidied by either toggling Bluetooth off/on or toggling the dual audio off

I wonder if Samsung is even aware of the problem?

b.grdner

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have a watch and Jabra device too. I have to remember to disconnect the Jabra when I get to the house as it won't automatically disconnect for a bit (my car is right in front of the house so I'm still in range)

Palyyyy

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site

View attachment 270334View attachment 270335

Hey did you solve this issue with the incall volumr? I go the same problem with my note8 and jabra stealth. I'ts been months and no sign of any update by Jabra.

Quita668

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
I've been having this problem for Monthsss!! As much as I hate iPhones, I think I might be switching over in the New Year, I can't take this shxt anymore. Who wants to keep restarting their phone to make it work?? Or figuring out Which app caused the problem and finding out too late, like when your alarm doesn't go off because the dumb *** problem is still not fixed!! Android, you have millions of dollars!!! If ya don't figure this shxt out and figure it out soon!

Jintooz

Dec 24, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a note 8 and I had the same problem, I went to settings and then device maintenance, cleared the cache and storage etc all icons which can be clearer and then it worked. I must admit it's annoying and I realised it comes from turning on the Bluetooth. Hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21