Dropped phone in toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Anyone drop theirs in water yet? I dropped mine in the toilet accidentally and it spent a good 5 seconds submerged. Moisture indicator came on but went away after 10 minutes.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Gross. I'd destroy it. Awesome phone but not enough to go in then touch someone's hands and/or face, etc.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
My toilet is spotless.. not sure how some of you clean your homes or your bathrooms but I'm not worried. had it on top of the window ledge and accidentally hit it as I was trying to grab something else. At least my accident is proof that these devices were built well.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Why do people take their phones in to the bathroom. Geezzzzzz. Pretty bad addiction if you can’t be without it for a few mins.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My toilet is spotless.. not sure how some of you clean your homes or your bathrooms but I'm not worried. had it on top of the window ledge and accidentally hit it as I was trying to grab something else. At least my accident is proof that these devices were built well.
Yeah there's no such thing lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can soak it in bleach every 5 minutes and I'd still rather my phone not go in a toilet.

Not sure how you clean your toilet and don't care.. I don't want my phone going into a place meant for me to do those things in lol.

MakeMeUp

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I dropped mine in the swimming pool, I was filming my baby brother learning to swim. It was completely submerged in 6ft of water for maybe 30 seconds, when I got it out I had a notification telling me to check my USB port because moisture was detected. it still worked perfectly, though I didn't try to charge it until it was completely dry. Now that it's completely dry, it's still perfect, no issues at all.

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
That's so gross.. I would just flush it down the drain... Nasty incident!!!

Hah! But the Note 8 is so huge it would never go down. At some point, you'd have to suit up and go in after it, regardless.

And if it did go down, I can guarantee that the Roto Rooter man would be paying you an expensive visit very soon, indeed. And he might have a difficult time getting his cutter to chew through the phone.

My sister in law's kids tried to send a couple of teenage mutant ninja turtle action figures "home" a few times, and it was expensive. :)

Just rinse the phone off well, and you're good to go, really. Maybe hit it with some hydrogen peroxide if you're really worried.

I'd worry the most about the connectors. Having worked in electronics for 40 years, I have found that 95% or more of all electronic "failures" are nothing more than crappy connections. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I will never understand this. Why people use their phones near, or on, the toilet boggles my mind. I'm at the toilet to do one of three things - none of which will ever involve a phone. Put the damn thing away, do your business, and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.