I have been thinking about buying the DeX for my Note 8, but I find that be looking for a monitor all the time and switching cables is not fun. I wonder if there is any way to make a tablet work as a monitor with DeX, and if it is, could be all this wireless??
    10-03-2017 09:35 AM
    Nope, DeX is all wired. However, you can use SideSync on a tablet to mirror your phone there, no DeX needed (but you don't get the DeX experience, you just get to mirror your phone onto your tablet).
    10-03-2017 11:52 AM
    I have been thinking about buying the DeX for my Note 8, but I find that be looking for a monitor all the time and switching cables is not fun. I wonder if there is any way to make a tablet work as a monitor with DeX, and if it is, could be all this wireless??
    Don't waste your money. Buy a $35 Chromecast. Cast your screen, then add a USB C to regular USB adapter, then add a USB keyboard/mouse.
    10-03-2017 11:54 AM
    Don't waste your money. Buy a $35 Chromecast. Cast your screen, then add a USB C to regular USB adapter, then add a USB keyboard/mouse.
    This, again, isn't exactly the DeX experience, just a mirroring. Furthermore, Chromecast does add a delay to the mirroring. If you have a Smart TV, you can 'skip' the Chromecast, but even that adds a delay. DeX doesn't. And you do get a 'computer-like' interface when plugged in.
    j_hansen and iSilas like this.
    10-03-2017 02:35 PM
    This, again, isn't exactly the DeX experience, just a mirroring. Furthermore, Chromecast does add a delay to the mirroring. If you have a Smart TV, you can 'skip' the Chromecast, but even that adds a delay. DeX doesn't. And you do get a 'computer-like' interface when plugged in.
    The delay has been reduced significantly with new Chromecast. I mean for what you're doing (word processing, email, web browsing, etc) it's fine unless you're trying to game there might be a lag but even with games they've done something to reduce lag. The idea of DevX is to turn your monitor and phone into a quick access PC.
    10-04-2017 10:10 PM
    Yes. You need to find a Tablet with HDMI IN port.
    I have the same issue.
    Ihave a DeX and is awesome what you can do. Now I will test Amazon WorkSpaces to use a Windows 10 in a DeX window.

Look what I found: https://m.alibaba.com/product/607109...specifications
    03-06-2018 04:50 PM