10-15-2017 11:57 PM
46 12
tools
    She averages 8 hrs? If so wow. You have a system uodate why haven't you did that?
    I've always went with waiting a while before updating because updates have been known to make things worse.
    10-12-2017 02:54 PM
    She averages 8 hrs? If so wow. You have a system uodate why haven't you did that?
    I've always went with waiting a while before updating because updates have been known to make things worse.
    10-12-2017 02:54 PM
    That only kinda applies to the big updates.. Like going to oreo.
    10-12-2017 02:59 PM
    Ah didn't know that it was only major updates. I'm backing everything up on my phone now and than I'm going to Factory reset. Am I safe to at least install my watch and headphones or don't even put those on it? How long should I leave nothing installed for? I'm going to put a black background and turn AOD off as well for the test. I hate factory resetting but hopefully this will shed some light. I currently have 37 apps installed.
    10-12-2017 06:02 PM
    Hmmm 65% left at 3hrs 12min SOT. Only apps that I loaded was my must haves :hangouts,uber driver, lyft driver,planet fitness, fitness and body building. I deleted any and all pre loaded apps they allowed me to. AOD off and a Black background.
    Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Drain-screenshot_20171013-210516.jpg   Bluetooth Drain-screenshot_20171013-210524.jpg  
    10-13-2017 08:11 PM
    Hmmm 65% left at 3hrs 12min SOT. Only apps that I loaded was my must haves :hangouts,uber driver, lyft driver,planet fitness, fitness and body building. I deleted any and all pre loaded apps they allowed me to. AOD off and a Black background.
    Thats actually really ggod
    10-13-2017 08:12 PM
    Thats actually really ggod
    So I'm at 45% with a little.over 5hts SOT. So far your wisdom has gotten me where I'm at, so what's your thoughts now as far as putting everything back on the phone? Again this was with all the things I mentioned of no Bluetooth the black background no AOD etc.

Also the pictures attached ... my wife charged her phone today for 10 minutes before going out, as of right now this is where she stands it actually pisses me off a little bit .
    Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Drain-15040.jpg   Bluetooth Drain-15041.jpg  
    10-13-2017 11:01 PM
    So I'm at 45% with a little.over 5hts SOT. So far your wisdom has gotten me where I'm at, so what's your thoughts now as far as putting everything back on the phone? Again this was with all the things I mentioned of no Bluetooth the black background no AOD etc.

Also the pictures attached ... my wife charged her phone today for 10 minutes before going out, as of right now this is where she stands it actually pisses me off a little bit .
    Check this screen on your wifes phone
    Also what is your display resolution and what is hers?
    10-13-2017 11:05 PM
    It says I'm at the FHD, I'll check hers tomorrow. Here's that screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Drain-15046.jpg  
    10-14-2017 12:01 AM
    It says I'm at the FHD, I'll check hers tomorrow. Here's that screen.
    10-14-2017 08:04 AM
    I like Sakaitech's videos but he does say one thing in this video that is not correct. Disabling "NFC and payment" does NOT prevent you from using Samsung Pay. Samsung Pay does not use NFC. I have had this option turned off on all of my Samsung phones and always use Samsung Pay.

Samsung Pay uses MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) not NFC.

Android Pay uses NFC.
    10-14-2017 09:21 AM
    I like Sakaitech's videos but he does say one thing in this video that is not correct. Disabling "NFC and payment" does NOT prevent you from using Samsung Pay. Samsung Pay does not use NFC. I have had this option turned off on all of my Samsung phones and always use Samsung Pay.

Samsung Pay uses MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) not NFC.

Android Pay uses NFC.
    Thanks i didnt know that
    10-14-2017 11:04 AM
    Everything I did except for Bluetooth I need on ,edge lighting and I need location 8ncase I loose my phone that needs to be on from what I understand battery saving mode will work. I wanted to keep AOD it I'll leave it off I suppose for now Here's my final stats before I needed to charge. I'll try tomorrow leaving everything with the Bluetooth watch on. If I can get this type of life with my apps on that'll be great.
    Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Drain-screenshot_20171014-171246.jpg   Bluetooth Drain-screenshot_20171014-171240.jpg   Bluetooth Drain-screenshot_20171014-171237.jpg  
    10-14-2017 04:54 PM
    Everything I did except for Bluetooth I need on ,edge lighting and I need location 8ncase I loose my phone that needs to be on from what I understand battery saving mode will work. I wanted to keep AOD it I'll leave it off I suppose for now Here's my final stats before I needed to charge. I'll try tomorrow leaving everything with the Bluetooth watch on. If I can get this type of life with my apps on that'll be great.
    Congrats.
    10-14-2017 05:27 PM
    Congrats.
    So what do you suggest as far as adding apps per day? 2 at a time, 3,4 ?
    10-14-2017 06:15 PM
    So what do you suggest as far as adding apps per day? 2 at a time, 3,4 ?
    Probably just install them all.. The device maintenance app should alert you to any app seriously draining your battery.. It also will automatically put them to sleep in most cases.
    10-14-2017 06:18 PM
    Probably just install them all.. The device maintenance app should alert you to any app seriously draining your battery.. It also will automatically put them to sleep in most cases.
    Thank you for all your help!

So test with just the watch tomorrow and than install them the day afterward or just install them all now?
    10-14-2017 06:31 PM

So test with just the watch tomorrow and than install them the day afterward or just install them all now?
    It really depends on you. If you're curious with just the watch, do that first. Battery stuff is hard to judge because it will fluctuate from day to day.. Whether if its because you got a long call, played games, etc... You could see how much of an effect the watch has.. Probably not much.. Then just do all the apps. If you're very patient you could do a couple at a time... I'm just not that patient
    10-14-2017 06:37 PM

I think this is possibly the last smidgen of optimization that's possible. I've attached a pic, its under device maintenance.. I think you have to click the battery.. But put any app to sleep that you do not need to receive constant notifications... Like I noticed that apps I wasn't using would be running.. I dont need my bank sending me notifications....or my credit card.. These are things i check on enough that I don't need to receive notifications. . I've also been making the same modifications I'm telling you. So I'm currently at 6hrs and still got 30% to go
    10-15-2017 08:52 AM
    It really depends on you. If you're curious with just the watch, do that first. Battery stuff is hard to judge because it will fluctuate from day to day.. Whether if its because you got a long call, played games, etc... You could see how much of an effect the watch has.. Probably not much.. Then just do all the apps. If you're very patient you could do a couple at a time... I'm just not that patient
    Ended up at 8hrs
    10-15-2017 02:26 PM
    Your results aren't bad at all .... Here's with the bluetooth watch on all day. I downloaded zedge and custom ringtone for gear. Location is on battery saving.
    Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Drain-screenshot_20171016-005310.jpg   Bluetooth Drain-screenshot_20171016-005622.jpg  
    10-15-2017 11:57 PM
46 12