Dell’s Cyber Monday in Julysaves you up to 50%!
10-06-2017 10:09 PM
51 123
tools
    Hello everyone I am new to this forum I found it by googling Note8 Forum.
    Anyways I am in a dilemma I currently have a iPhone 7 Plus and had originally purchased the iPhone 8 Plus but when I got it I wasn't impressed by any means so I returned it.
    I started to get curious about the Note8 so I ordered one online from Verizon.
    I got it today and wow I have been so overwhelmed everything is so different I am very used to my iPhone I knew it was going to be different but I am so confused what to do.
    I have been trying to train Bixby on it and it isn't working right maybe it's user error lol?
    I also run a business and have two iCloud e-mails and it wouldn't let me add either of my accounts to my new Note8.
    I was so overhwlmed I put the Note 8 down and questioned why I got a Samsung lol..
    I also like the seamless syncing between my iPad Mini, MacBook and my iPhone is there anything Samsung offers for a tablet that would sync a picture or text message pretty much instantly?
    Please help lol any previous hardcore apple fans here that switched to Samsung and don't regret it?
    Thanks for any input
    dc9super80 likes this.
    10-03-2017 07:30 PM
    Sounds to me you might be happier with iPhone, your used to it, you already have the infrastructure with Apple. Your always better with what works best for you.
    10-03-2017 07:42 PM
    Honestly, I feel that perhaps the iPhone might be the better fit.

You do seem to be well into the Apple ecosystem. Switching to any Android phone will be a hassle, unfortunately.
    10-03-2017 07:43 PM
    Honestly, I feel that perhaps the iPhone might be the better this.

You do seem to be well into the Apple ecosystem. Switching to any Android phone will be a hassle, unfortunately.
    Yeah. It's like me when I've always used android and decided to try iPhone 7 plus after the note7 mess. It wasn't for me and couldn't do what I did on android. So I had to go back. So to the OP they could try the note8 for a little bit longer but if it is too much then yeah probably should go back to iphone
    Justina84 likes this.
    10-03-2017 07:53 PM
    I really want to like the Note though I just barely got it today and just worried about all the seamless syncing Features is there a tablet that is like the iPad where it will get your pictures seamlessly or get text messages on my iPad still?
    I need a new phone and just kind of bored of my iPhone but also have antenna issues and it overheats on me during my live sale and shuts off. It’s tine for a new phone so idk I am lost what to do.
    Maybe I need to give the note more time huh a case and be not afraid to handle it.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-03-2017 08:00 PM
    I think it’s a beautiful phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Need some convicting of keeping my Note8-1a314e8f-bcaf-45a7-b433-25fdb5471ba1.jpg  
    10-03-2017 08:06 PM
    You should definitely give it some time. You knew getting into it was going to be different and you stated that you are overwhelmed, so take your time and give it a chance.

As far as photo syncing have you tried Google photos? You can use it on both Android and apple so photos you take with your note can be accessed on your iPad.
    SilasOne, Justina84 and queenren like this.
    10-03-2017 08:11 PM
    if you decide to keep it, you can do all the things you need it to, it'll just take some time, lots of reading... Good luck 😊
    Jewels81 and Justina84 like this.
    10-03-2017 08:12 PM
    Oh really how do I do this?
    10-03-2017 08:18 PM
    https://m.androidcentral.com/how-set...ccount-android
    10-03-2017 08:26 PM
    http://macdownload.informer.com/advi...For_Apple.html
    10-03-2017 08:28 PM
    Pasted some links hopefully they help
    Justina84 likes this.
    10-03-2017 08:28 PM
    I switched over from an iPhone a few weeks ago for the Note 8 and it has been a challenge to adapt. However, for almost every problem I encountered I found a solution. I use google photos which syncs the pictures I take across devices regardless of whether they're an iOS device, a computer or android. I replaced notes with Google Keep and it does the same thing. There are a lot of Google apps that replace the functionality of many of the features of iOS--though not all. My music and playlists were exported from iTunes into Play Music.

I spent so much time researching services, apps and settings that I decided I needed more time with my Note 8 in order to thoroughly see if Android can replace my iPhone--so I've kept mine past the return date. There are instructions/advice in these forums, on Youtube and elsewhere, but some functions are far less straight forward and require extensive research. I was so bored with my iPhone that I couldn't stomach paying for the iPhone 8 Plus which I was not excited about at all.

So far, despite my frustrations I really love this beautiful Note 8. The screen is stunning and bright and the design is far more modern than the iPhone 8 series. If I get too frustrated at the loss of iMessage and Facetime, I may get an iPhone X since it's the only iPhone model that interests me. However, I'd like to avoid that if I can since it's more expensive (got my Note on sale and with the bundle deal). Also, I wanted to create an infrastructure with Android so that I'm not so tied to iOS.
    Justina84 and queenren like this.
    10-03-2017 08:34 PM
    Thank you I was also considering the X but feel like there won’t be much of a difference besides the no home button.
    10-03-2017 08:40 PM
    Pasted some links hopefully they help
    Thanks so much!
    10-03-2017 08:40 PM
    You can also use onedrive to synch your photos.
    Justina84 likes this.
    10-03-2017 08:44 PM
    What is that? I was told there is a app to put all my stuff from my iPhone on the Note8.
    10-03-2017 08:47 PM
    If you're on Verizon you can use message plus. It sync with your tablet and laptops so you can get your messages across your devices.
    Justina84 and MooMooPrincess like this.
    10-03-2017 09:03 PM
    Just have to tackle one problem at a time to get the phone set up with what you need and the way you want it then to get more comfortable with it... Google for solutions or post questions here.

So as far as setting up iCloud email, try this article with the stock mail app...

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-s...ccount-android

Androids phones can be fun but does take time to get familiar with and work to get it the way you want. Good luck.

Justina84 likes this.
    10-03-2017 09:06 PM
    I was a longtime iPhone user myself and just made the switch to the Note 8 about 2 weeks ago.

While there were some growing pains, this phone only seems to be as complicated as you want to make it. I think Samsung has really stepped their game up with regard to making an 'iPhone quality' device.

I used smart switch to bring all of my photos, apps, music, photos... everything from my iPhone and it organized itself perfectly. As far as syncing everything, that is my next learning curve. I was heavily tied into Apple's eco system and I'm starting to see why, it's just effortless. But I'm honestly willing to put in the work as this device fits my life so much more than any iPhone I've had.
    queenren, Justina84 and SilasOne like this.
    10-03-2017 09:19 PM
    Same here. I was also a long time user of the iphones and came back to android again for another shot. And the note 8 has impressed me enough to keep it passed my return period. I have an iPad pro too but it's been sitting since I got this. Just give yourself time, play with different things, search YouTube for videos on how to do note 8 tricks. All helps.
    Justina84 and SilasOne like this.
    10-03-2017 10:03 PM
    There are people on these forums who are using both an Iphone and a note 8. It seems to work well for them. Using the iPhone to keep your company running smoothly while finding ways to integrate the note into the equation so that can take over when the time comes. If that's not really an option, then I'd have to side with the other posters who mentioned moving back to Apple. Lay out a few workable options, and then decide which one would be least stressful. I hope that you are able to find an option that keeps you smiling with minimal stress.
    Justina84 and MooMooPrincess like this.
    10-03-2017 10:30 PM
    I think once you get your services converted over to Google you'll be all set. And at least if you decide to try Apple again the Google services are compatible with iOS devices that you won't have to switch back.
    I'm a dual user but always had everything setup in the Google ecosystem.
    Justina84, queenren and blaine07 like this.
    10-03-2017 11:34 PM
    What is that? I was told there is a app to put all my stuff from my iPhone on the Note8.
    You need SmartSwitch. Basically that will copy over all your iPhone's stuff except apps into the Note 8. The SmartSwitch for Macs can restore an iTunes backup to a Samsung phone so that works too.

I don't know if there is Sidesync for iPad, but there is one for Macs so you can text from your Mac as long as it and the phone are on the same network.
    Justina84 likes this.
    10-03-2017 11:47 PM
    Great advices there.

Switchings platforms will always be a challenge but if you're willing to spend quite a bit of time, it can be done.
    Justina84 likes this.
    10-04-2017 12:24 AM
51 123