I cannot get my phone to save photos and videos on the SD card on my Note 8 and I want them all off my phone storage and always on SD card. Can anyone please tell me how to do this? I tried going to apps - my files - images - then wanted to tell it to move to SD card, but there is no option to move when I click on the menu on top right. It only says "details". I really need this problem resolved and have never had this before on other Note phones. Thanks so much.
    10-05-2017 12:20 PM
    Just back them up to Google photos then delete them off your phone.
    10-05-2017 01:35 PM
    Is the SD being detected? The photos are automatically saved onto the card when its put in.

You can also go to camera settings - storage location and then choose SD Card. It might currently be on Device
    10-05-2017 01:41 PM
    When I launched the camera after inserting my sdcard it read that it waa changing the default storage to the card, except for certain picture modes.

As for google photos, not everyone wants personal info in the cloud. I refuse to put my photos, contacts, or personal documents in the cloud.
    10-05-2017 02:06 PM
    I cannot get my phone to save photos and videos on the SD card on my Note 8 and I want them all off my phone storage and always on SD card. Can anyone please tell me how to do this? I tried going to apps - my files - images - then wanted to tell it to move to SD card, but there is no option to move when I click on the menu on top right. It only says "details". I really need this problem resolved and have never had this before on other Note phones. Thanks so much.
    I enabled dev options and then the option for external sd use. after that you have to make sure they are allowed for that (the apps), and then route the save function in the app to your extsd. it's standard in most picture apps once they have permissions and once the option to save there has been enabled. and I'm sure you know that already.
    10-05-2017 02:25 PM
    Start Camera app then go to settings and scroll down to 'storage location' select 'sd card'. I can verified that photos and videos are being saved to my sd after I did this. A new DCIM folder gets created for storage. Try it.
    kitmo likes this.
    10-08-2017 09:24 PM