Note 8 Factory Unlocked users, what is your update situation like?

applejosh

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Does it get regular updates like the carrier version? What is your OS update and current security update on? Thanks.

Kind of hard to say yet since I've only had it a couple weeks (and I think it's only been out for a week or so longer than that), but I did get the update to fix the BlueBorne vulnerability. Still waiting on that update for my S8+ (also unlocked). We'll know more over the next few months. Currently Android 7.1.1 with August security update (but again, with the BlueBorne fix as well).

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Got my phone Sept.15 and still on August security update. The one thing I would really like to see Samsung do better on is monthly security updates. Usually a few months behind

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for your feedback so far. I've always wanted to go unlocked but heard the update situation was bad. Hopefully more unlocked users can chime in as time goes on.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
There was the one update out of the box but nothing since. To be fair to Samsung they're still pushing updates out to my unlocked Note 4.
The EE carrier version of the Note 8 (here in the UK) security update is dated September 1st I believe, if that's anything to go off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol