Unable to dial any 1-800 numbers...

1000rrren

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I got my Samsung unlocked Note 8 using the Samsung online purchase process. Everything was looking good until I needed to call Samsung for support and got that att message saying to check the number and try again. After talking with att and factory resetting the phone, they suggested putting the sim card in another phone at which time the issue didn't follow the sim card. They said its something with the phone and not the service. Then after talking to Samsung, they suggest I send the phone in for repair or replacement. This sucks because I really enjoy this phone.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you entering the 800 number manually, or clicking a weblink to call? If the phone is adding a +1 automatically to the number, what happens if you eliminate that and just start with the 800 part?

1000rrren

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Tried that. Just got off the phone and the tech support Mgr just told me that an unlocked phone is not guaranteed to work with att because of compatibility issues. I was shocked at this. Guess I will never by direct from Samsung again. Now I have to go to a " u break I fix" shop to confirm the issue. If the issue persists, I will have to send in the phone for service and be without a phone for at least 2 weeks.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone and the tech support Mgr just told me that an unlocked phone is not guaranteed to work with att because of compatibility issues.
That doesn't make sense. All that's needed for AT&T compatibility is use of the GSM band, which your phone has. You can confirm compatibility here:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fshop%2Fwireless%2Fbyop.html&token=oTeZkz_o

If the phone weren't compatible, it would fail for all calls, not just 800 numbers.

It sounds as though AT&T's network thinks you're calling from outside the US.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc