How do I remove the game tools notification that keeps popping up after I launch a game? This keeps popping up after I turned off all permissions for Game Tools. Is there a way to permanently remove game tools? Both Game Launcher and Game Tools are disabled.
    Attached Thumbnails How to Remove Game Tools Notification?-22345192_10209565406166199_1760377750_o.jpg  
    aubie8 likes this.
    10-08-2017 12:06 PM
    I have a feeling that's one of those things we'll need root for. very annoyed with it here.
    10-08-2017 12:07 PM
    That doesn't happen to me
    10-08-2017 12:49 PM
    I play games all the time on my phone and this doesn't happen to me
    10-08-2017 01:00 PM
    I have same issue. What's the deal?
    01-05-2018 08:07 PM
    Settings>advanced features>games

Turn game launcher off
    01-06-2018 11:31 PM
    as Nistura said:Both Game Launcher and Game Tools are disabled. And I followed the instructions to get rid of that message (Go to Settings>Apps>3 dots in the top corner>Special Access>Apps that can Appear on Top. Try toggling that feature off for the games and see if that notification still comes up then). The problem is that not all the games appear in that list, so I can't turn off the annoying warning
    01-12-2018 10:04 AM
    Same here. It will NOT disable, friggin' pop up every time I start a game and if I'm watching adds for 'tickets' (game is text based called Choices}, it pops up every time I start a new add or it goes back to the game so I can claim my tickets. Extremely annoying. Samsung who owns this phone? If you do not let me really disable it or delete it, I will never ever buy a Samsung product again!!!!!! I will also let everyone I ever run into know how I feel about Samsung and keep ranting on social media about this Nazistic program and any others I encounter on this phone by you. I spent too much money on the S-8 to be harassed by a program. Again Who owns this phone???????
    37Kdeep likes this.
    02-17-2018 06:42 PM
    I used to get it all the time, even when disabled in settings. But since disabling Game Launcher, Tools and Optimizing Service with BK Package Disabler, it's been gone. How to Remove Game Tools Notification?-screenshot_20180217-210228.jpg
    02-17-2018 08:07 PM
    I just do not like the idea of having to purchase software to remove software from my phone. Especially if I did not want the offending software in the first place. Game Tools is not software that I want, requested or need. I emailed Samsung about the software and a method to disable or remove Game Tools. Their response :

Thank you for contacting the Samsung US Technical support.

We understand your disappointment as there is no option to uninstall Game tools app from the phone.

I would like to inform you that Game tools app is to provide an improved gaming experience to its users. Game tools app helps to provide convenient game features like no alters during game, lock recent and back keys, full screen, hard press lock button, edge touch and screen touch lock, record and screen-shot.

Link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=-ErhJVMl

However I am afraid to say that it is not possible to uninstall the Game tools app from the phone, as it is default app on the phone. You can disable/force stop the Game tools app from phone Settings >> Apps >> Game tools and disable all the permissions, notifications etc.

We value your input and hopefully you might be getting back all the features that you are expecting in the updates which will be released in the future.

We would appreciate your understanding in this matter.

If you wish to chat, email or call us for further assistance, please go to the "Contact Us" option available on the right hand side of the E-mail.

Thank you for choosing Samsung products.

Sincerely,
    Manasa

I emailed Manasa again :

Manasa,
    You should probably do an internet search on Game Tools. Many of us have attempted your suggestion "You can disable/force stop the Game tools app from phone Settings >> Apps >> Game tools and disable all the permissions, notifications etc. " This absolutely does not work or only works for a very short period and then re-activates automatically. Why are we being forced to use this software?

Samsung's Response :

Thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support.

We understand the disappointment you have expressed about not being able to uninstall Game tools from your Samsung Galaxy S8+, I’ll help you with the available information.

Usually game tools are use to Lock Recent and Back keys, No alerts during game, Minimize game, Screenshot, Record, Setting of games that are in the phone. As it is pre-installed you are unable to uninstall the application, We understand that you wish to have an option available to uninstall the application.

We are constantly enhancing our operating system capabilities, and with every improvement there is always a chance an older feature may be changed or removed. We value your input about your favorite features on our devices and will pass on for future updates.

Samsung keeps developing updates using the currently available technologies, feedback received, other sources and will be releasing them on a timely basis. Hopefully you might be getting back all the features that you are expecting in the updates which will be released in the future.

If you wish to chat, email or call us for further assistance, please go to the "Contact Us" option available on the right hand side of the E-mail.

Thank you for choosing Samsung products.

Sincerely,
    Navaneetha
    06-16-2018 07:56 PM