SO ANGRY...Samsung Customer Service FAIL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I always seem to get good CS experiences from even companies known to have bad CS.

I keep wondering why

How you approach really matters. I have had good luck also. I always try to win the person over to my side. I explain my issues calmly and completely and I impress upon them how much I believe they can help me.

If I encounter someone who I feel is being unreasonable with me I will either ask them to transfer me to a manger, or I will thank them for their time and end the call. I can always call back later, get another rep and give it another shot. ;).

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
How you approach really matters. I have had good luck also. I always try to win the person over to my side. I explain my issues calmly and completely and I impress upon them how much I believe they can help me.

If I encounter someone who I feel is being unreasonable with me I will either ask them to transfer me to a manger, or I will thank them for their time and end the call. I can always call back later, get another rep and give it another shot. ;).

This does hold a lot of weight. I'm super nice, but very succinct when it comes to my issues as I want them to know that I have a problem, I tried to resolve it, but now I need help. Most of the time, I have great luck, but there are those times where the dark side has to come out in order to get results.

When I had the service issue I spoke about earlier, I never once rose my voice or gave an attitude when speaking with the in store technician and the onsite Samsung rep. What I DID do was point out facts and asked why their policy was contrary to advertised use and advertised specs. They couldn't answer. That's when I said thank you and walked away to go call Samsung CS.

nor246

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Samsung service generally is terrible. I returned my Note 7 in January 2017 and to-date I have not being refunded the cost, as promised. I can get no explanation and it is almost impossible to get to any senior personnel at Samsung. I am also losing out on the US$425 discount offered on the purchase of the Note 8. I would appreciate any assistance in contacting any senior person at Samsung to have these matters settled as soon as possible.

hjwjr1

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I never had a problem with LG. When my V10 died, they replaced it free of charge. It depends on who you talk too. Sometimes you will get the "company hero" on the phone that think their primary job is to protect the company from needy customers...lol.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Samsung service generally is terrible. I returned my Note 7 in January 2017 and to-date I have not being refunded the cost, as promised. I can get no explanation and it is almost impossible to get to any senior personnel at Samsung. I am also losing out on the US$425 discount offered on the purchase of the Note 8. I would appreciate any assistance in contacting any senior person at Samsung to have these matters settled as soon as possible.

Go to the attorney general or local media then. I almost did that with tmobile back then.

Early last year With my GEar S2 the wrist band broke which is a common thing with it and Samsung was replacing them. Whole process was a joke. Talking to samsung on the phone, then having to talk to two other people and then telling me they will review it and within a couple days would contact me regarding getting a replacement wrist band. No one ever got back with me. I just ended up ordering a replacement for $8 on Amazon that was more durable anyway and gave up on it.

Something so simple just to send out a replacement cheap wrist band and they can't even do that right.

discord2k

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I feel your pain. Samsung has the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. I had them insist that a brand new phone I purchased through AT&T had been repaired with a 3rd party LCD and refused me warrenty repair. It had never left my hands till I sent it in. They strung me along until I reached some fake limit they imposed on the number of times I could call and try and get it fixed. I love their products but shudder with the thought of having to call them for something I might need to claim.

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
This thread, and others like it, show why people are loyal to Apple.

Even if iPhones and other apple products are inferior (which can be debated - I say they have their pros & cons, same as with any other manufacturer), the customer service is light-years ahead of Samsung. There is a big psychological advantage to walking into an Apple Store and having a live person address your problem compared to sending your phone to Samsung & hoping for the best (or trying to get to a carrier's authorized repair center in an inconvenient location and/or keeps banker's hours). If Samsung could get their customer service consistently decent, they could potentially blow Apple out of the water.

Sadly it will never happen. Samsung US is lead by Tim Baxter, quite possibly the biggest AH in America, add to this that Samsung Korean management are either in prison or stepping down and the one sole C-level guy left in Korea was quoted as saying "Samsung is like a ship without a captain" and he himself worries about its future....Samsung is getting no more of our money. Defective phones, recalled washing machine...twice!, zero customer service. No thanks, not worth the aggravation.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe there should be company-dedicated threads on AC where financials could be discussed...

Back to the topic - I believe the Samsung section in Best Buy is/was more for selling Samsung phones and devices, as opposed to repair/addressing issues. I think Samsung should simplify their repair/warranty process, as well as open more repair centers in the US (for faster turnaround on repair/replacement).

Yankee512

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
Sure they sell refrigerators and washers but it's their tv and smartphone decisions that are meant to bring in most of their bottom line. It's not going so well for them. They could easily go under.
We have several LG tvs and they are great. I prefer them over Samsung crap. I've had more Samsung TVs, and appliances fail early that it has made me leave them. I still like their phones.

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Someone just posted Samsung's return/exchange policy (again). It clearly says "• *If you wish to return a product that came with a free promotional item, such as a free memory card with a phone, all items must be returned together.*". That is a RETURN. Not an exchange. You DO NOT have to send back everything if you are going to swap out the phone because it's defective. EOD.

nrvna76

May 13, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the things keeping me from switching from Apple. The Note 8 looks amazing. I think the only thing I’d miss hardware wise are the speakers. But, any time I’ve ever had an issue Apple has gone way above and beyond to make it right. They replaced my iPhone 5 with a 5s and gave me a free 3TB time capsule once. I’ve never even questioned whether or not my issue would be taken care of. But man, no S-pen...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Cleaned up some off topic posts. This is a Samsung thread.. if you want to debate another company please make the appropriate thread. Thanks.

Yankee512

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
reinbeau, let me try again since you can't read.

"Frequently Asked Questions | Samsung.com

Samsung Direct will accept, for return or exchange, defective or unopened merchandise purchased at Samsung.com/US, subject to the exceptions and timeframe for returns listed below: All merchandise returned to Samsung Direct must be in the original packaging with all original items (such as manuals, remotes, cables, etc.) accompanying the merchandise and a copy of the invoice/packing slip included to be eligible for return or exchange. Shipping and handling fees from your original order will not be refunded, unless the merchandise is determined by Samsung Direct, in its sole discretion, to be defective.

Exceptions to Return Policy

If you wish to return a product that came with a free promotional item, such as a free memory card with a phone, all items must be returned together.
• Shipping and handling fees from your original order will not be refunded, unless the merchandise is determined by Samsung, in its sole discretion, to be defective."

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
reinbeau, let me try again since you can't read.
I can read just fine. I can also comprehend. Something you need to work on. Capiche? The operative word here is RETURN. Not EXCHANGE for a defective product. It really isn't. You can argue with me all you want. I would not have returned everything when I was looking for an exchange. And with that I'm done.

Yankee512

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
You are right, you are done. I just talked to Samsung and verified if you exchange a phone they need those items back.

Make the call yourself.

Yankee512

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
You are right, you are done. I just talked to Samsung and verified if you exchange a phone they need those items back.

Make the call yourself.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Make the call yourself.

Again, this situation is different because the issue was caused by Samsung sending the wrong carrier device. If they were exchanging the note for an s8 you'd be right, but that wasn't the situation.

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Well isn't that amazing. I just made the call myself, explained the theoretical scenario, and was told I was right, the exchange would only be on the phone. But hey, who am I - and who are you? EOD. I think a moderator needs to close this thread, it's useless at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay