Google Sync

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having problems syncing their contacts? Everything sync except google contacts. Says server error, come back shortly.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having problems syncing their contacts? Everything sync except google contacts. Says server error, come back shortly.

I get that error very randomly with various sync options...this time it's contacts, next time it's calender, then it's music, etc, etc. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, just a random communication error. I find that if I uncheck it, force a new sync, and then re-check it and sync again it usually syncs up just fine. And if by chance it doesn't, I give it a few minutes and try again. Don't think I've ever had an issue with it being persistent for more than a couple hours.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I get that error very randomly with various sync options...this time it's contacts, next time it's calender, then it's music, etc, etc. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, just a random communication error. I find that if I uncheck it, force a new sync, and then re-check it and sync again it usually syncs up just fine. And if by chance it doesn't, I give it a few minutes and try again. Don't think I've ever had an issue with it being persistent for more than a couple hours.

It's been a few days already. I tried and tried and it still doesn't sync my contacts. But the rest it syncs

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm...I do remember having a sync issue with contacts when I first got the S5, which was my first Android phone. There's probably a much easier fix than this, but here's what I did:

1. Turned off contact sync on my phone.
2. Went to gmail/contacts on my desktop computer.
3. Compared contacts on my phone with what was online to make sure my online info was accurate and current.
4. Deleted all contacts from my phone.
5. Turned contacts sync back on.

Worked like a charm and all my contacts synced almost immediately. Like I said, there might be an easier fix, but this did work.