Any way to STOP the "AT&T APP SELECT--Monthly apps for you"?

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Please advise me how to stop these downloads. My husband & I don't add apps to our phones. The only way I know to deal with these UNWANTED items are to let 'em download and then attempt to rid our phones of them. I greatly desire to stop them in the first place from ever downloading and from ever trying to get on our phones! Sooooo frustrating, after paying so much $ for each of our phones, to be forced to take time to deal with junk continually coming to our phones officially by AT&T :( :(

It shows on the Notifications Panel.

Last edited:

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm on AT&T but honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Probably something I saw on the first day I had the phone and disabled or something. Can you post a screen shot of it?

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just located the source. I believe it's something new on our Note8s. I just located it in the System Apps under the title AT&T App Select, Version 3.2.011-605. I blocked notifications, denied all permissions, and disabled it. Whatta pain!!
Thank you kindly for responding to assist me, and I apologize for taking your time, and thanks hugely for your availability!

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Please advise me how to stop these downloads. My husband & I don't add apps to our phones. The only way I know to deal with these UNWANTED items are to let 'em download and then attempt to rid our phones of them. I greatly desire to stop them in the first place from ever downloading and from ever trying to get on our phones! Sooooo frustrating, after paying so much $ for each of our phones, to be forced to take time to deal with junk continually coming to our phones officially by AT&T :( :(

Try BK Disabler. If it were not for this APP I wouldn't own a carrier branded Samsung, ever.

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and I can't find anything like what you're describing. I agree with jjinal, get BK Disabler to get rid of carrier bloatware.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Buying the unlocked version helps. Lol. Sorry couldn't resist.

Yeah go disable them in settings > apps then they won't update either. May not be able to delete them but disabling works just as well until they decide to bundle them again with a future update. They've done that to me before lol. Bastards.