Phone back from Samsung after repair and looks AMAZING

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
About couple weeks ago I was fortunate enough to get my screen busted. Check it out here https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=836107

I ended up sending the phone to Samsung for repair and my Note 8 is back today. It looks AMAZING. I don't even think it's the same phone lol.

This one came all wrapped and even has the 4g Qualcomm sticker at the top frame. I had a dbrand skin on the back and that's not on the phone I got back. I don't care what samsung did but all I care about is that this phone looks brand new. Very happy with the quality of service by samsung. NICE WORK.

Now, I just need to figure out how to put armor around this phone lol.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Great news!

Maybe an OtterBox Defender should be one of your top priority purchases. My local Sam's Club currently has them for $39.94. Excellent protection and built like it could take a drop from 30 feet (although I'd suggest you not try that).

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Does it have the same IMEI number?
Didn't even think to check that. Yep, same IMEI number so it is the same phone. Wow, I am impressed. Looks like Samsung replaced back, front screen, and sides of the phone. Amazing work. It literary looks brand new!!!!

I am beyond satisfied how this turned out. If anyone looking to repair their Note 8, send it to Samsung without any hesitation. I sure glad I did.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar experience with fixing my S7 at a local repair shop for a cracked front glass panel. Since the frame and front panel of the S7 is fully integrated, the shop replaced nearly the entire outer shell (just reusing the back glass panel). They transferred the internal components such as the main board and camera but everything else was new, including the battery. All this for $160 at the time.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
About couple weeks ago I was fortunate enough to get my screen busted. Check it out here https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=836107

I ended up sending the phone to Samsung for repair and my Note 8 is back today. It looks AMAZING. I don't even think it's the same phone lol.

This one came all wrapped and even has the 4g Qualcomm sticker at the top frame. I had a dbrand skin on the back and that's not on the phone I got back. I don't care what samsung did but all I care about is that this phone looks brand new. Very happy with the quality of service by samsung. NICE WORK.

Awesome news

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

I don't believe you since you didn't post any pictures. Lol just playing:D seriously tho, glad it worked out for ya:)

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Good to hear!

If you're a person who doesn't like cases, I'd recommend the Spigen Thin Fit. I dropped my Note 8 on to the floor at home awhile back, and thanks to this case it didn't suffer so much as a single scratch. I wouldn't recommend this if you're going hiking or to a concert or anything. But for home and office it's remarkably effective, and barely noticeable.

Note8uzer

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Good to hear!

If you're a person who doesn't like cases, I'd recommend the Spigen Thin Fit. I dropped my Note 8 on to the floor at home awhile back, and thanks to this case it didn't suffer so much as a single scratch. I wouldn't recommend this if you're going hiking or to a concert or anything. But for home and office it's remarkably effective, and barely noticeable.

Does the sides of the case come above the glass screen to protect the front of the phone when dropped?

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear!

OP dropped his phone on concrete with a more "protective" case on. My guess would be the thin fit wouldn't care any better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49