12-04-2017 03:04 PM
31 12
tools
    About couple weeks ago I was fortunate enough to get my screen busted. Check it out here https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=836107

I ended up sending the phone to Samsung for repair and my Note 8 is back today. It looks AMAZING. I don't even think it's the same phone lol.

This one came all wrapped and even has the 4g Qualcomm sticker at the top frame. I had a dbrand skin on the back and that's not on the phone I got back. I don't care what samsung did but all I care about is that this phone looks brand new. Very happy with the quality of service by samsung. NICE WORK.

Now, I just need to figure out how to put armor around this phone lol.
    10-10-2017 05:41 PM
    congrats! glad it worked out so well.
    10-10-2017 06:10 PM
    Great news!

Maybe an OtterBox Defender should be one of your top priority purchases. My local Sam's Club currently has them for $39.94. Excellent protection and built like it could take a drop from 30 feet (although I'd suggest you not try that).
    10-10-2017 06:21 PM
    great news an good on Samsung from taking care of you
    10-10-2017 06:24 PM
    Does it have the same IMEI number?
    10-10-2017 06:30 PM
    I suspect they just sent you a new phone. Congrats!
    10-10-2017 07:59 PM
    Does it have the same IMEI number?
    Didn't even think to check that. Yep, same IMEI number so it is the same phone. Wow, I am impressed. Looks like Samsung replaced back, front screen, and sides of the phone. Amazing work. It literary looks brand new!!!!

I am beyond satisfied how this turned out. If anyone looking to repair their Note 8, send it to Samsung without any hesitation. I sure glad I did.
    10-10-2017 08:00 PM
    awesome thanks for sharing! so how much was the total you paid and the total of days without your phone?
    Slicc98 likes this.
    10-10-2017 09:43 PM
    Interesting.
    10-10-2017 10:19 PM
    I had a similar experience with fixing my S7 at a local repair shop for a cracked front glass panel. Since the frame and front panel of the S7 is fully integrated, the shop replaced nearly the entire outer shell (just reusing the back glass panel). They transferred the internal components such as the main board and camera but everything else was new, including the battery. All this for $160 at the time.
    Gray Area likes this.
    10-11-2017 05:45 AM
    I'm not normally an *I told you so* type of person but in this case I'll make an exception:-)
    felloffthetruck and Lepa79 like this.
    10-11-2017 06:22 AM
    About couple weeks ago I was fortunate enough to get my screen busted. Check it out here https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=836107

I ended up sending the phone to Samsung for repair and my Note 8 is back today. It looks AMAZING. I don't even think it's the same phone lol.

This one came all wrapped and even has the 4g Qualcomm sticker at the top frame. I had a dbrand skin on the back and that's not on the phone I got back. I don't care what samsung did but all I care about is that this phone looks brand new. Very happy with the quality of service by samsung. NICE WORK.

Awesome news
    10-11-2017 06:32 PM

I don't believe you since you didn't post any pictures. Lol just playing seriously tho, glad it worked out for ya
    10-11-2017 08:35 PM
    I don't believe you since you didn't post any pictures. Lol just playing seriously tho, glad it worked out for ya
    Hahaha, I'll forgive you because I am a happy man with my Note 8 back in my hands.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-11-2017 08:38 PM
    Hahaha, I'll forgive you because I am a happy man with my Note 8 back in my hands.
    Hehehehehe lol I bet. I would be to if I had that happened.
    10-11-2017 08:46 PM
    Did they charge to fix the phone and if do, may I ask how much?
    10-11-2017 10:43 PM
    Did they charge to fix the phone and if do, may I ask how much?
    Yes, I didn't have insurance. Charge was $294.
    Gray Area likes this.
    10-11-2017 10:53 PM
    Good to hear!

If you're a person who doesn't like cases, I'd recommend the Spigen Thin Fit. I dropped my Note 8 on to the floor at home awhile back, and thanks to this case it didn't suffer so much as a single scratch. I wouldn't recommend this if you're going hiking or to a concert or anything. But for home and office it's remarkably effective, and barely noticeable.
    10-11-2017 11:48 PM
    Good to hear!

If you're a person who doesn't like cases, I'd recommend the Spigen Thin Fit. I dropped my Note 8 on to the floor at home awhile back, and thanks to this case it didn't suffer so much as a single scratch. I wouldn't recommend this if you're going hiking or to a concert or anything. But for home and office it's remarkably effective, and barely noticeable.
    Does the sides of the case come above the glass screen to protect the front of the phone when dropped?
    10-11-2017 11:50 PM
    Good to hear!

OP dropped his phone on concrete with a more "protective" case on. My guess would be the thin fit wouldn't care any better.
    10-12-2017 12:31 AM
    OP dropped his phone on concrete with a more "protective" case on. My guess would be the thin fit wouldn't care any better.
    Yep, and the same case back on.
    Good to hear!

Link of my case in the original thread. Phone dropped face down and just went flat without on single bounce. It was simply the worst possible fall scenario. I've had so many Phones for so many years and this is the 1st time I break one
    10-12-2017 07:10 AM
    Didn't even think to check that. Yep, same IMEI number so it is the same phone. Wow, I am impressed. Looks like Samsung replaced back, front screen, and sides of the phone. Amazing work. It literary looks brand new!!!!

I am beyond satisfied how this turned out. If anyone looking to repair their Note 8, send it to Samsung without any hesitation. I sure glad I did.
    How long were you without it?
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    12-03-2017 09:50 AM
    they would have replaced the battery as well as it is not deemed safe to reuse after being subject to the heat needed to take the phone apart, just another plus :-)
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    12-03-2017 10:01 AM

Glad to hear that! Your beast is back!
    12-03-2017 10:19 AM
    Great!!!!
    12-03-2017 12:21 PM
31 12