Why does this Google app keep reinstalling after I uninstall?

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
It offers an "Uninstall" option but automatically reinstalls minutes later. All of my auto download/update features are turned off on phone and in Google Play....

Also after it reinstalls it takes a screenshot of my lock screen and home screen and puts them in the Gallery app. Very very strange.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171010-190840.jpg
    Screenshot_20171010-190840.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 28

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Well this is NOT GOOD!!!!

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/play/he_mwwq6fXQ;context-place=topicsearchin/play/google$20play$20games

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It offers an "Uninstall" option but automatically reinstalls minutes later. All of my auto download/update features are turned off on phone and in Google Play....

Also after it reinstalls it takes a screenshot of my lock screen and home screen and puts them in the Gallery app. Very very strange.

if you can figure out what package it is you can disable it with this. personally I've never see that on mine.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kunkunsoft.packagedisabler&hl=en

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Instant apps allow parts of apps to work from within the web, my guess is your accessing an instant app on a website and it's causing it to download that. Its a new thing only supported by a handful of phones that run nougat or Oreo. It's not an app availabe on the play store because it's not a standalone app, it just allows instant apps to work on the web when you visit them. It allows part of an app to function within the web from what I understand.

Instead of uninstalling the app daily why not disable the feature on your Google account?

Open the main phone settings, go to accounts, select Google, and you should see a list of services. Scroll down to instant apps, click on it, and toggle it off.

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Instant apps allow parts of apps to work from within the web, my guess is your accessing an instant app on a website and it's causing it to download that. Its a new thing only supported by a handful of phones that run nougat or Oreo. It's not an app availabe on the play store because it's not a standalone app, it just allows instant apps to work on the web when you visit them. It allows part of an app to function within the web from what I understand.

Instead of uninstalling the app daily why not disable the feature on your Google account?

Open the main phone settings, go to accounts, select Google, and you should see a list of services. Scroll down to instant apps, click on it, and toggle it off.

Hi ,
I just totally wiped my Note 8 with a factory reset very carefully and installed nothing extra and Google still force installed this disturbing system app. I followed your input but that option is not available in the list of services. All I see are 5 sync options.

Sync App Data
Sync Calendar
Sync Contacts
Sync Google Fit Data
Sync People Details

This could be the deal breaker that pushes me to iOS. Shame on you Google!!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi ,
I just totally wiped my Note 8 with a factory reset very carefully and installed nothing extra and Google still force installed this disturbing system app. I followed your input but that option is not available in the list of services. All I see are 5 sync options.

Sync App Data
Sync Calendar
Sync Contacts
Sync Google Fit Data
Sync People Details

Again, if you did not disable instant apps, no amount of resetting will remove that since instant apps is still enabled after you factory reset. So it will still download.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I was slightly wrong in my directions to get there. I'm gonna post some screen shots showing where it is on my S7.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
From the settings screen scroll down to Google, Note 8 menu should be very similar.

Attachments

• 9391.jpg
    9391.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 40

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Ignore the scroll capture above it came in blurry. Scroll down and find Google. Tap on it.

Attachments

• 9398.jpg
    9398.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 15

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I apologize I told you to go to the wrong spot to find the settings initially, hope the screen shots are what you need to fix the problem. If not it's beyond my ability to help as I don't own a Note 8 myself.

nm3th

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi ,

Sync App Data
Sync Calendar
Sync Contacts
Sync Google Fit Data
Sync People Details

Looks like you sent to Settings>Cloud and accounts>Accounts>Google instead of going to Settings>Google>Instant Apps.

Hope this helps.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
It's something you don't want but are forced to have, and your next move is to go to Apple?

Ok, if that's your preference and it makes sense to you, enjoy, and good luck.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
An extreme to go to apple. apple is the king of forcing apps and services you can not disable or delete. you can't even use your own browser of choice lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1