10-15-2017 09:10 PM
40 12
tools
    It offers an "Uninstall" option but automatically reinstalls minutes later. All of my auto download/update features are turned off on phone and in Google Play....

Also after it reinstalls it takes a screenshot of my lock screen and home screen and puts them in the Gallery app. Very very strange.
    Attached Thumbnails Why does this Google app keep reinstalling after I uninstall?-screenshot_20171010-190840.jpg  
    10-10-2017 06:13 PM
    Well this is NOT GOOD!!!!

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/play/he_mwwq6fXQ;context-place=topicsearchin/play/google$20play$20games
    10-10-2017 08:29 PM
    It offers an "Uninstall" option but automatically reinstalls minutes later. All of my auto download/update features are turned off on phone and in Google Play....

Also after it reinstalls it takes a screenshot of my lock screen and home screen and puts them in the Gallery app. Very very strange.
    if you can figure out what package it is you can disable it with this. personally I've never see that on mine.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...disabler&hl=en
    10-10-2017 08:42 PM
    Instant apps allow parts of apps to work from within the web, my guess is your accessing an instant app on a website and it's causing it to download that. Its a new thing only supported by a handful of phones that run nougat or Oreo. It's not an app availabe on the play store because it's not a standalone app, it just allows instant apps to work on the web when you visit them. It allows part of an app to function within the web from what I understand.

Instead of uninstalling the app daily why not disable the feature on your Google account?

Open the main phone settings, go to accounts, select Google, and you should see a list of services. Scroll down to instant apps, click on it, and toggle it off.
    toenail_flicker and j_hansen like this.
    10-10-2017 08:56 PM
    Instant apps allow parts of apps to work from within the web, my guess is your accessing an instant app on a website and it's causing it to download that. Its a new thing only supported by a handful of phones that run nougat or Oreo. It's not an app availabe on the play store because it's not a standalone app, it just allows instant apps to work on the web when you visit them. It allows part of an app to function within the web from what I understand.

Instead of uninstalling the app daily why not disable the feature on your Google account?

Open the main phone settings, go to accounts, select Google, and you should see a list of services. Scroll down to instant apps, click on it, and toggle it off.
    Hi ,
    I just totally wiped my Note 8 with a factory reset very carefully and installed nothing extra and Google still force installed this disturbing system app. I followed your input but that option is not available in the list of services. All I see are 5 sync options.

Sync App Data
    Sync Calendar
    Sync Contacts
    Sync Google Fit Data
    Sync People Details

This could be the deal breaker that pushes me to iOS. Shame on you Google!!
    10-10-2017 10:56 PM
    if you can figure out what package it is you can disable it with this. personally I've never see that on mine.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...disabler&hl=en

Hi,
    I use BK Disabler. I don't see this Google app listed in BK. I'm on the fringe of going to the very dark crappy side of iOS (
    10-10-2017 10:58 PM
    Hi ,
    I just totally wiped my Note 8 with a factory reset very carefully and installed nothing extra and Google still force installed this disturbing system app. I followed your input but that option is not available in the list of services. All I see are 5 sync options.

Sync App Data
    Sync Calendar
    Sync Contacts
    Sync Google Fit Data
    Sync People Details

Again, if you did not disable instant apps, no amount of resetting will remove that since instant apps is still enabled after you factory reset. So it will still download.
    10-10-2017 11:00 PM
    I was slightly wrong in my directions to get there. I'm gonna post some screen shots showing where it is on my S7.
    10-10-2017 11:12 PM
    From the settings screen scroll down to Google, Note 8 menu should be very similar.
    Attached Thumbnails Why does this Google app keep reinstalling after I uninstall?-9391.jpg  
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    10-10-2017 11:13 PM
    Ignore the scroll capture above it came in blurry. Scroll down and find Google. Tap on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Why does this Google app keep reinstalling after I uninstall?-9398.jpg  
    10-10-2017 11:16 PM
    You should see a screen like this, scroll down to instant apps and tap on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Why does this Google app keep reinstalling after I uninstall?-9395.jpg  
    10-10-2017 11:17 PM
    Than toggle off.
    Attached Thumbnails Why does this Google app keep reinstalling after I uninstall?-9397.jpg  
    Aquila likes this.
    10-10-2017 11:17 PM
    I apologize I told you to go to the wrong spot to find the settings initially, hope the screen shots are what you need to fix the problem. If not it's beyond my ability to help as I don't own a Note 8 myself.
    10-10-2017 11:21 PM
    Hi ,

Sync App Data
    Sync Calendar
    Sync Contacts
    Sync Google Fit Data
    Sync People Details

Looks like you sent to Settings>Cloud and accounts>Accounts>Google instead of going to Settings>Google>Instant Apps.

Hope this helps.
    10-10-2017 11:25 PM
    Why do you even care?
    10-10-2017 11:54 PM
    did you turn off notifications. if you allow notifications it will keep updating.
    10-11-2017 12:55 AM
    It's something you don't want but are forced to have, and your next move is to go to Apple?

Ok, if that's your preference and it makes sense to you, enjoy, and good luck.
    srvctec and ZOMMBIE1 like this.
    10-11-2017 06:48 AM
    An extreme to go to apple. apple is the king of forcing apps and services you can not disable or delete. you can't even use your own browser of choice lol
    Aquila, srvctec and pool_shark like this.
    10-11-2017 08:12 AM
    Doesnt your phone need that app to function properly?
    10-11-2017 08:48 AM
    Doesnt your phone need that app to function properly?
    no you can turn it off and I have. that's all the OP needs to do.

can't believe some of the responses. nice guys. very friendly
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-11-2017 09:07 AM
    Hi to those who were so helpful, Thanks SO much...

Last night before I saw the directions to go into the Google app and toggle off Instant Apps I looked for it in BK Disabler, it was not in the list of system or bloatware in BK but when I used the search function in BK it came right up. I disabled it and haven't seen it since. It doesn't even show up in the list under Google.

To those who asked why do I care if its on my phone....I try my best to totally eliminate unwanted privacy invading situations and forced items upon me and my property. I know...I know, I'm facing an uphill battle but at least I'm not taking techs BS laying down.

And to the person that asked if you need Instant Apps....No you don't. And another 127 things I have disabled and the Note 8 runs fine.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    10-11-2017 10:35 AM
    I try my best to totally eliminate unwanted privacy invading situations and forced items upon me and my property... ...And to the person that asked if you need Instant Apps....No you don't. And another 127 things I have disabled and the Note 8 runs fine.
    I'm with you. cannot believe all the unnecessary items that come preloaded. seriously considering an unlocked version next time around just to avoid as much of the junk and privacy invading as possible.
    10-11-2017 10:55 AM
    I'm with you. cannot believe all the unnecessary items that come preloaded. seriously considering an unlocked version next time around just to avoid as much of the junk and privacy invading as possible.
    Hi Toenail,

So mine is a Samsung factory unlocked US version and although it has no carrier bloatware it is still LOADED with countless other useless Samsung crap. I tried the AT&T version and a lot of the AT&T bloat could either be disabled or removed but the fact that AT&T had a bunch of bookmarks in the Samsung browser that I could NOT delete at all sent me over the edge so I returned it and kept the lesser of two evils.

The best Android I've seen in regards to zero bloat is the Essential phone. Unfortunately their customer service is anything but. Coupled with the worst "flagship" camera on a phone and that was a definite DO NOT PURCHASE.
    10-11-2017 04:38 PM
    And another 127 things I have disabled and the Note 8 runs fine.
    I think we need a thread somewhere here on the AC forums, with a list of all things that can be safely disabled without affecting the basic operation of the phone. I have a bunch of stuff disabled but nowhere near 127. I'm just afraid of disabling something that might brick or severely affect my phone, so I always err on the side of caution.
    Jewels81 and Vipmediastar like this.
    10-11-2017 05:38 PM
    I think we need a thread somewhere here on the AC forums, with a list of all things that can be safely disabled without affecting the basic operation of the phone. I have a bunch of stuff disabled but nowhere near 127. I'm just afraid of disabling something that might brick or severely affect my phone, so I always err on the side of caution.
    Good idea bud. Go start one
    srvctec likes this.
    10-11-2017 07:31 PM
40 12