Not Receiving All Texts

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
A few months ago, prior to getting the S8, I started having an issue with my texts not coming in all the time. First it was mostly from iphone users, then I bstarted noticing it being an issue from Android phones as well. T-Mobile couldn't fix it. They told me to replace the Sim, which I did. That didn't help. I cleared the cache, the messaging cache, and deleted all the messages. That fixed it for a while, then the problem arose again. I didn't sweat it too much, because I knew I was getting a new phone.

So, last week I noticed it on my Note 8. The issue always initially pops up in a group chat (I'm the only Android user in the group), and I only receive about half of the messages lately. I had no problems whatsoever in this same chat until late last week. Then it moved to me not receiving texts from my wife (iPhone user).

I haven't owned an iPhone in years, and my iMessages were disabled when I moved back to Android. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I don't have a clue what could be causing this. I'm on T-Mo and only sporadically experience missed texts. it was much worse when I was on AT&T. Honestly I wish more people in the US would just use WhatsApp like many people in the rest of the world do.

joeyjay

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here. not all texts, but sporadically missing text from iPhone users in the Family. I'll try wiping text cache

jim223

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both have Note 8s on T-Mobile. She does not received all her text messages either. Even messages from me. I have had the problem once.

I use the Google Messages app. She has tried the native Samsung app and the Google app. Both have the same problem.

Spazzbk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Are you using the stock messenger? I had the same issue on ATT. When I switched back to stock it fixed it, I think... The problem is I would never know if I didn't receive a text message.

jim223

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Messages and missed one text. My wife was using Samsung Messages but was missing texts so she tried Google Messages and the problem continued. We started using Skype and have no problems.

Spazzbk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

JAGV

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Check and see if your messaging app is under always sleeping apps under battering settings. I was having that problem also deleted from that list and now I receive all my messages. I am using Google messages app

Hodge007

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
Check and see if your messaging app is under always sleeping apps under battering settings. I was having that problem also deleted from that list and now I receive all my messages. I am using Google messages app

BINGO! Been noticing over the past week I haven`t been receiving all text messages and this looks to be the cause.

Checked Under "always sleeping" in battery settings and my google sms messages app was there. Put in "unmonitored apps" now and have started receiving messages ok again.

Thanks for the fix.

Hodge007

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site

BINGO! Been noticing over the past week I haven`t been receiving all text messages and this looks to be the cause.

Checked Under "always sleeping" in battery settings and my google sms messages app was there. Put in "unmonitored apps" now and have started receiving messages ok again.

Thanks for the fix.

Franwella

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been missing random texts for a little while now. There's no pattern. It happens at random times, from random people, via random telcos, from random devices...

It sounds like the 'always sleeping' and 'unmonitored' lists may just be the answer. I've removed the texting app from the sleep list, and added it to the unmonitored list.

0Fingers crossed this does the trick! Thanks folks. :)

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I've been missing random texts for a little while now. There's no pattern. It happens at random times, from random people, via random telcos, from random devices...

It sounds like the 'always sleeping' and 'unmonitored' lists may just be the answer. I've removed the texting app from the sleep list, and added it to the unmonitored list.

0Fingers crossed this does the trick! Thanks folks. :)

That's exactly what I did. I let my texting app on never sleep mode, and that fixed my problem!

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly, I don't find either Gmail or Message+ on the list to select to be unmonitored. In fact, I don't find them on any list there - asleep, awake, unmonitored, always asleep. Not sure what this means...

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am on AT&T with stock app and never miss a text. Sounds like a carrier issue to me. Texts between different carriers are completed by third a party I would call your carrier with time, date, phone number of where text message came from and they can probably fix the issue. I had this issue years ago with Verizon and with the info I gave then they found the issue.

Poppet759

Dec 1, 2017
Visit site
After trying everything and more to get my texts back up and running, I found a very simple solution that you might want to add to your arsenal. Temporarily switching network services to another carrier, or even from LTE to 2G could do the trick. I wish I had tried it before the factory reset, but oh well. Hopefully this helps out at least one other frustrated phone user.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Back when I had the S7, I had a similar issue. Not sure if it will help.

I was missing random text messages using Textra, but only from my brother. He is on an iPhone. I was on numerous calls with AT&T about both mine and his phone. Then suddenly, I missed a message from my wife and then from a co-worker and realized it must be my phone.

I checked the online tool for AT&T where you can see your messages and I noticed that all of tge missed messages appeared there but never reached my phone.

The common denominator was that they were very long messages. I could receive every message from anyone, but if they sent a long one (regardless whether from an iPhone or Android), I wouldn't get it.

I went back to the stock messenger and long messages worked. I then went into to Settings and turned Advanced Messaging OFF. Then when I went back to Textra, I started getting every message again - long and short ones.

Something about Advanced Messaging setting was preventing a third-party app from getting the long messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2