better text messanger: samsung stock versus verizon ??

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Which text messenger do you like best and why?
stock samsung text messenger
vs
verizon message+ (for those with verizon wireless)

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I was using Textra but it doesn't support the gif messages from the S-Pen. I switched back to the stock message application until Textra updates. When I was using Textra it would work on my S3 Frontier to with the Bluetooth connection. When it was out of range it showed the messages as the default application.

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Highly customizable, reliable, includes VOIP calling, works on both my phone (cell and wi-fi) and my tablet (wi-fi only).

Does Verizon Message+ provide a "read" receipt, or not, or only if other party is using verizon ??
Does Verizon Message+ support Spen, gif messages, etc ??

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Does Verizon Message+ provide a "read" receipt, or not, or only if other party is using verizon ??
Does Verizon Message+ support Spen, gif messages, etc ??

May I suggest that you simply download Verizon Message+ and try it for yourself. If you don't like it or it doesn't meet your specifications exactly, just switch to something else. You're not locked in to any specific texting app.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was using Textra but it doesn't support the gif messages from the S-Pen. I switched back to the stock message application until Textra updates. When I was using Textra it would work on my S3 Frontier to with the Bluetooth connection. When it was out of range it showed the messages as the default application.
Are you talking live messages, I do them with textra all the time. Textra works on my S3 frontier via Bluetooth or 4g. That's strange it's not for you.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
what are these 'periodic program issues' you speak of ?

When they added the chat feature if a person using messages+ sent a text to someone not using messages+ the person not using it didn't get the text.

There is a current or at least very recent issue with it as well.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Messages plus for me.

Very customizable and works across multiple devices with or without cell service.

The new text standard for sent, delivered, read type feedback is not fully implemented from carrier to carrier. I get "delivered" feedback to other Verizon users but only "sent" to other carriers.

I can't remember ever having issues with messages plus.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I've said it before, but I'm surprised by how good Verizon Messages + is, considering how crappy all their other preinstalled apps are. Does everything I want, and very well.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've said it before, but I'm surprised by how good Verizon Messages + is, considering how crappy all their other preinstalled apps are. Does everything I want, and very well.
Well some won't agree at how good Verizon messaging is since it's being blamed by Verizon for the remote call screen pop up that shouldn't happen. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay