Gave up my IPhone for the Note

mmednick1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
So I am not a loyal iPhone user, with that said I gave that piece of junk up for the new beast THE NOTE 8. I usually go back and forth from Apple to android, but them days are over. The note is so much more of a better device than my old 7 plus. The days of me saying, well everything just works on the iPhone is long gone. I have found so many bugs on iOS that to me it's unusable. My note on the other hand just works...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
So I am not a loyal iPhone user, with that said I gave that piece of junk up for the new beast THE NOTE 8. I usually go back and forth from Apple to android, but them days are over. The note is so much more of a better device than my old 7 plus. The days of me saying, well everything just works on the iPhone is long gone. I have found so many bugs on iOS that to me it's unusable. My note on the other hand just works...
A beast indeed Loving the note as well here, since Sept 7. This phone is amazing.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I did the Android apple thing for several years and I'm just done with it. I'm Samsung to stay now. Note 8 is the best phone I've ever had.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine since Sept 5th and love it, glad you enjoy the device. I've been hearing alot of rumblings about ios being very unstable and buggy and Laggy lately. It seems that the "it just works" montra isn't holding these days according to some people. It's also becoming more apparent in many online comparisons that even though iPhone 8 plus during heavy lifting (video editing, and queuing up high graphics games) outpaces the note 8, when doing day to day app opening and closing and memory management, the note 8 is faster and smoother.

mmednick1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since Sept 5th and love it, glad you enjoy the device. I've been hearing alot of rumblings about ios being very unstable and buggy and Laggy lately. It seems that the "it just works" montra isn't holding these days according to some people. It's also becoming more apparent in many online comparisons that even though iPhone 8 plus during heavy lifting (video editing, and queuing up high graphics games) outpaces the note 8, when doing day to day app opening and closing and memory management, the note 8 is faster and smoother.

It's apparent to me that it's definitely not the company it was under Steve Jobs, yet I know a lot will argue that lol. I still use iOS for work but only because I'm required to. The note has some hiccups I've noticed but not frequent, whereas iOS has them multiple times a day lately. I have a friend who swears only by Apple and he is now starting to realize the same, but he still won't come over to android.

jratliff

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
You didn't turn in your note 7? They cut the service from it, right?
I had Verizon at the time, they sent a refund check but never required me to return it. They blocked service twice around the launch of the S8, but all you had to do was put the SIM card back in a different phone, call Verizon tell them it wasn't working, then once they fixed it swap the SIM back into the Note 7 and worked fine! After the S8 came out they stopped aggressively trying to get people to stop using them and didn't try blocking service again. My dad is still using it now that I have the Note 8.

mmednick1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Wow, never knew that's all that had to be done. I had sprint with my note 7 and I was probably one of the last to turn mine in. I went to the s7 and returned it because I thought the battery was terrible. I then went back to the iPhone.

jratliff

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Well that was all on the carrier side, you did need to block OTA updates of course because they sent out all those updates to stop the phone from charging but there were a couple message boards at the time dedicated to helping people block updates or revert back if they had updated.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Not to play devil's advocate here but just as a retort to your iPhone 7/7+ is junk statement... I'd have to STRONGLY disagree with you there. Apple has always made great phones, yes they lack customization and countless other software/ hardware delights we get to enjoy on Android but the iPhone is no slouch. As a someone who owns both devices I'd have to say that with either device, as long as you periodically restart the device that both of them just work and if either device is giving you a little grief then more than likely it's time to restart it or perhaps you've downloaded a rouge application. Just my 9 though...

mmednick1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Not to play devil's advocate here but just as a retort to your iPhone 7/7+ is junk statement... I'd have to STRONGLY disagree with you there. Apple has always made great phones, yes they lack customization and countless other software/ hardware delights we get to enjoy on Android but the iPhone is no slouch. As a someone who owns both devices I'd have to say that with either device, as long as you periodically restart the device that both of them just work and if either device is giving you a little grief then more than likely it's time to restart it or perhaps you've downloaded a rouge application. Just my 9 though...

Yea, I would definitely have to disagree with your statement. Hardware top notch, iOS 11 junk...period. If you like it that's cool, it works. For me, it's junk. But that's why there are plenty of phones to choose from.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I would definitely have to disagree with your statement. Hardware top notch, iOS 11 junk...period. If you like it that's cool, it works. For me, it's junk. But that's why there are plenty of phones to choose from.
To be fair after downloading IOS 11 I got the Note 8 and haven't looked back. That being said, I never really had an issue when I did exclusively use the 7+ just minor annoyances. No more than any other phone I've ever used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair