Is anyone else mildly annoyed at the 'gap' at the top of the Note 8 screen?

Methos1979

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
This might seem trivial but since day one I've notice what to me seems like a glaring issue: That gap at the top of the screen! You can only put widgets up so far and it seems like there is a half inch of unused space at the top before the notification bar that just looks wrong. OCD much, you ask? Maybe, but still, every time I try to find a nice clock/weather widget to put on the front page that gap just about drives me nuts. Surely, I can't be alone in this?!?

Methos1979

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Like this
8ed70e751138989906a7387c978df883.jpg
fdb77a9a8c7a28d96a1eb14bf0fd07a4.jpg

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Lol I have never noticed til you brung it up. Now that I notice it now, nope doesn't bother me:) But I see how can bother some.

AnotherInternetGuy

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Looks like you have specific tastes and little tolerance for compromise: Good. You're on the right operating system. But not the right launcher.

Download Nova launcher. The paid version is easily the best couple of bucks you'll spend on your phone.

It'll let you make a set up tailored to your taste. Super high level of control, precision & it's staight forward. You can get your phone so minimal and refined, it makes stock look a joke. Gestures are game-changing too.

Methos1979

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Looks like you have specific tastes and little tolerance for compromise: Good. You're on the right operating system. But not the right launcher.

Download Nova launcher. The paid version is easily the best couple of bucks you'll spend on your phone.

It'll let you make a set up tailored to your taste. Super high level of control, precision & it's staight forward. You can get your phone so minimal and refined, it makes stock look a joke. Gestures are game-changing too.

Already a paid user of Nova Prime. Used it with my last Note (3). Might have to go back to it.

Old g

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
well now I know this is a beast of a phone. when folks start looking for stuff to complain about lol . but seriously I've never noticed

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any gap either. At first I thought this might have to do with setting apps to use full screen mode but your pics show the home screen.

Methos1979

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Portsmouth is in the UK. Weather is never great here. Our Summers last for 2 weeks lol

Actually, I'm in Portsmouth, NH - USA. New England, so gets pretty cool by mid October. But unlike the UK, we generally have very nice weather and a great change of seasons and equal parts of all four. It's truly a beautiful place to live. One of the best in all North America. Unless you hate the cold!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams