"Offline" Notification (for lack of a better word) at Bottom of My Screen

wlolsen

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Starting yesterday, I have been having something weird, that I have never seen, happen. It has happened 4 times in the past 24 hours. The first time, I didn't actually notice when it appeared. The second time, I think it might have happened when I opened Instagram, but I'm not sure. The third time I'm almost positive it happened when I opened Snapchat. Now the fourth time I wasn't opening anything, but I believe it was while my phone was updating the Snapchat app. The 2 times yesterday it was on wifi (no other wifi problems were noticed at that time) and 2 times were today on Verizon data.

Nothing I seem to do makes it go away, other than restarting the phone, or it eventually disappears on its own. The things I have tried to make it go away are:

- closing all open apps
- turning wifi off then on
- turning on airplane mode
- reopening the app that seemed to cause the problem

I'm attaching a screenshot of what it looks like.

Screenshot_20171016-233410.jpg

Any help would be great!

USArmyCP

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same thing and no clue where this came from. Only been the last couple days. I'm thinking from an app update. Galaxy S8 on T-Mobile. Tried all the things in above post as well and doesn't seem to help.

Update...I went into the notifications settings and turned off most of them except for the ones I know I need or wanted. That seemed to have fixed this issue. I'll update again if needed. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Dean Birks

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm also getting this in last few days. I'm using Samsung S7. It seems when I don't use my phone for a bit and when I go to use it that Offline is at the bottom of my screen half blocking the navigation buttons.

NSain1

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This started this morning for me. I've posted the issue on XDA and haven't gotten anything resolving it. I have a MOTO X2 Play and found this discussion via Google search.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
This started this morning for me. I've posted the issue on XDA and haven't gotten anything resolving it. I have a MOTO X2 Play and found this discussion via Google search.
See what's listed under settings - apps - cog icon - special access - draw over other apps. It's possible that the culprit is included in that list.

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
I think it is somehow related to Google Maps deciding to add calorie counting feature. It has been removed due to concern about people with eating disorders. Just read an article which I will try to find and put here. http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/goog...ern-for-users-with-eating-disorders-1.3636489

Just read some more about the calorie counting and maybe it wasn't related to the My Fitness Pal calories. Google had a cupcake thing happening. http://www.slate.com/articles/techn...orie_and_cupcake_counts_after_complaints.html

Last edited:

Sumoking

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
This started for me yesterday (S7 Edge, Swisscom, central europe), very annoying as it obscures app buttons at the bottom of the screen.

Read the above and tried disabling (Google) Maps, that seems as of about an hour ago to have cured it.

TJD19083

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
Further Update.... Uninstalling Docusign app definitely solved the issue.... Update.... The solution below did not work... I uninstalled docusign app... That took away the issue immediately.... ORIGINAL NOTE.... I have a Note 8. I also have the Docusign app. I too was getting the "offline" banner at the bottom of the screen, very annoying as a blocked off the bottom portion of my keyboard. Under Advanced features and S-Pen I disabled the first two options, Air View and Direct Pen Input. That appears to have solved the issue. But I'm only several hours into this, and so I'm not 100% sure. If the issue reappears I'll uninstall the Docusign app. Thank you to everyone who has posted here. Very much appreciated.

Last edited:

USArmyCP

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Well I thought it was fixed just from disabling notifications but it came back this morning. I then read the above and uninstalled docusign. Seems to have worked so far, I'll let you know tomorrow. Thank you!

DrewLumia900

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Think I figured out what is causing the "Offline" banner to appear in the icon dock at the bottom of Galaxy S7, S8 & Note 8 devices.

It appears to be happening when you're inactive for a long period of time on Facebook Messenger.

I also noticed recently that Facebook Messenger was allowing ads to appear in my list of chats.

As soon as I deleted Messenger, the Offline banner disappeared and has not returned.

Try installing Messenger Lite. Seems to prevent the offline banner from reappearing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang