You swipe down at the top of screen to see notifications.
    Is there anyway to change setting so you can swipe down anywhere on screen to see notifications?
    10-18-2017 12:33 AM
    Settings > Display > Home Screen > Quick open notification panel
    10-18-2017 01:32 AM
    Only works on home screen, not if you're in an app.
    10-18-2017 01:33 AM
    no such setting in my s5 touch wiz launcher
    10-18-2017 03:50 AM
    This only works if you have the latest version of TouchWiz. Since I'm on Verizon, I had to get it here:
    https://www.sammobile.com/apk/touchwiz-home/

I don't expect Verizon will push it out for many months, the way they are with updates.
    10-18-2017 07:16 AM
    It's been a feature in Nova Launcher since forever. One of the first things I notice that annoys me when I try to go stock or use someone else's phone
    10-18-2017 10:08 AM
    This only works if you have the latest version of TouchWiz. Since I'm on Verizon, I had to get it here:

I don't expect Verizon will push it out for many months, the way they are with updates.
    I guess I can wait - no big hurry for that setting. (I use Verizon)
    10-18-2017 11:16 PM

It's not a Verizon update. Check the Galaxy app store, you just need an app update.
    Disk4mat likes this.
    10-18-2017 11:44 PM
    It's not a Verizon update. Check the Galaxy app store, you just need an app update.
    I think what he meant was alot of us that happened to be on Verizon never got that update. We had to go find it and manually update it. Never popped up in our galaxy apps update section.
    srvctec likes this.
    10-18-2017 11:46 PM
    I don't see it (touchwiz 6.1.58.5) in galaxy apps or play stores.
    10-19-2017 12:51 AM
    I think what he meant was alot of us that happened to be on Verizon never got that update. We had to go find it and manually update it. Never popped up in our galaxy apps update section.
    Exactly.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-19-2017 07:15 AM
    I'm on Verizon and I do not have our user the app tray button, since I've had my Note 8 I just swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the app drawer.
    10-19-2017 10:50 AM

Oops sorry. Didn't see this link before I posted.
    srvctec likes this.
    10-19-2017 04:54 PM
    I can't find it in the Galaxy app store. I tried searching also. I'm on Verizon
    10-19-2017 05:42 PM
    It's been a feature in Nova Launcher since forever. One of the first things I notice that annoys me when I try to go stock or use someone else's phone
    Same here.
    10-19-2017 10:11 PM
    Thanks! Verizon user here. I just updated touchwiz to 6.1.58.5.............Truly enjoying that feature.
    How specifically did you update it?
    Any other useful updates on this version??
    10-19-2017 11:11 PM

Are there any other new features with this update that would make us Verizon people want to install this apk?

(For just this one new feature that I don't personally need, I probably will wait to update.)
    10-20-2017 08:14 AM
    Are there any other new features with this update that would make us Verizon people want to install this apk?

(For just this one new feature that I don't personally need, I probably will wait to update.)
    Other than swipe down for notifications on any home screen, I don't notice anything different.
    10-20-2017 11:35 AM
    Other than swipe down for notifications on any home screen, I don't notice anything different.
    I can swipe down on any home screen to see notifications without the update. (I just don't see an option in the settings to turn this off.) Perhaps, I just don't understand what this update will enable me to do that I can't already do. Can you explain it to me? Thanks.
    10-20-2017 12:01 PM
    Is there anyway to change setting so you can swipe down anywhere on screen to see notifications?
    Launchers such as Nova have had this feature for years.

However, I can tell you that with Nova it only works when you are on a home screen. If you are in an app, swiping down on any part of the screen except the very top usually results in a refresh. I assume this would be pretty consistent across the board with most launchers that have this feature.
    10-20-2017 12:05 PM
    I downloaded this apk, but when I attempted to install it, I could not. I pressed the install button, but nothing happened like the button was frozen. I rebooted the phone with no luck when I tried again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    10-20-2017 12:34 PM
    I can swipe down on any home screen to see notifications without the update. (I just don't see an option in the settings to turn this off.) Perhaps, I just don't understand what this update will enable me to do that I can't already do. Can you explain it to me? Thanks.
    But can you swipe down anywhere on the home screen, not just from the top edge? That is what this latest version adds, swiping down anywhere on any home page, not just from the top edge. If you can already swipe down from anywhere on a home page and get the notification drop-down, then you already have the latest version of Touchwiz.
    10-20-2017 12:43 PM
    I use the swipe down on the fingerprint scanner feature to view notifications. Works great for me but for those that complain about the fps location I guess that would be a problem to.
    10-20-2017 12:56 PM