Any disadvantages to not using samsung launcher?

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Is there a disadvantage to not using the samsung launcher? I like using Apps Edge and i guess other launchers could simulate that, but what about other stuff, is there a disadvantage?

(this is my first samsung device :))

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Never tried other launchers on Note8 as am happy with Samsung launcher. But I remember limitation to pin action memo to screen on my note 5 if not using default launcher.

terobaje

Tero Baje
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I used to be an Apex user when I had my Note 4. With Note 8, I have been happy with the default launcher. It is pretty fast and fluid. The only thing I wish for is the ability to hide the homescreen indicator.

Methos1979

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I was an avid Nova launcher fan on my N3 but when I went to the N8 I decided to use TW exclusively to see how it did. It was pretty good with a few things that made it annoying. The Bixby slideout annoyed me as did the weird gap at the top of the pages. Also the inability to resize certain widgets and of course the loss of the gesture feature. So eventually I went back to Nova. The only thing I miss on Nova is that cool wallpaper 'motion' effect. That was pretty cool. But not worth staying with TW. Apps edge works fine with Nova, btw.

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I use the BlackBerry launchwr and suite of apps, the edge and most samsung widgets still work fine with my device.

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
I tried to use the stock launcher for about 3 days. I ended up going to Nova for the widget control and ability to use the whole screen. Also, I like the way I can make my folders be an actual icon instead of a square with itty bitty pictures in it for my app drawer. I don't notice any problems or missing features from my 3 days with stock.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova, empty my dock and keep my most used apps in the Edge screen. live the minimal look. Gestures to open Nova settings, Timely, pull down shade, etc all work great.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
one of the main reasons I used to end up on nova was the gesture to swipe down to get the notification pull down. now that is available on the Samsung launcher I've stuck with it and am perfectly happy. I also like that they ditched the button to open the app drawer which I always hated being stuck on the right of the dock