Something similar to touch ID?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a few apps in my iPhone that use touch ID to open it instead of a password.
Does the note 8 have something similar or am I restricted to passwords?

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I don't think samsung pass works with apps though, and it only works with our password in the browser if you use the default samsung Internet.
I'm not so sure about that. I have Samsung pass and it allows me to log in to my credit union app using biometrics 🤔

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
You can put those specific apps in secure folder and you can only access them through secure folder which requires password, fingerprint or iris scan

Also, if you put those apps in secure folder they won't be seen in your regular desktop for prying eyes or someone who's nosey.

terobaje

Tero Baje
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a few apps in my iPhone that use touch ID to open it instead of a password.
Does the note 8 have something similar or am I restricted to passwords?

Yes, it does. Following are apps that I use that support fingerprint authentication.

Alarm.com
Arlo
Chase
Mercedes Me

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it does. Following are apps that I use that support fingerprint authentication.

Alarm.com
Arlo
Chase
Mercedes Me
I'd like to add to that with some apps I've used that have their own login options. Bank of America, suntrust, capital one, Virginia Credit Union, Microsoft OneNote.

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not so sure about that. I have Samsung pass and it allows me to log in to my credit union app using biometrics 🤔

I guess it has to be built into the app as someone suggested above, I checked and my bank app allows this as well. I guess with ios it's more built into the ios for each app which makes for more widespread usage

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You can put those specific apps in secure folder and you can only access them through secure folder which requires password, fingerprint or iris scan

Also, if you put those apps in secure folder they won't be seen in your regular desktop for prying eyes or someone who's nosey.

Oh wow that's dope! Thanks!