View Poll Results: How Do You Primarily Charge Your Phone Daily: Regular, Fast, or Wireless?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular

2 6.25%
  • Fast

11 34.38%
  • Wireless

19 59.38%
10-26-2017 01:52 PM
44 12
tools
    Fast charge setting. In office cable, at home at night wireless.
    10-20-2017 07:42 AM
    I use slow wireless charging (Samsung wireless charger) while I sleep. All day battery.
    10-20-2017 09:29 AM
    Almost always fast wireless charging. Been charging my Note 7, S7E and Note 8 this way since the day they arrived. I have a Samsung fast wireless charger next to my bed along with a cheap no name brand. Same no name brand is on my desk at work. It actually charges better than the Samsung one.

The only time I use the cable directly is if percentage is low and I need to bring it back up quickly. It's those times I really miss swappable batteries. This reminds me, I need to find a good charging case before my next vacation.
    10-20-2017 10:28 AM
    I use a variety. I've got a number of wired chargers scattered about, and most are slow type with adapters to connect to the USB-C. Car, living room "TV Watching couch", etc.

I have a few wired fast chargers.

And I have wireless fast chargers on desks at home and at work to give fast top-offs and to sometimes keep the phone charged while I'm using it to watch TV, etc.

I see people saying that they've somehow disabled fast charging, presumably through a setting in the phone. How do you do That? I've looked at the settings menus but not discovered where you can make these selections. I might be inclined to disable fast charging at times because I normally don't need to charge quickly, so it might be easier on the battery and lower heating to only use QC when I really need it.

I'm generally getting good battery life and don't really need to charge except once per day, but I have charging opportunities galore, it seems. And I still have the free wireless charger supposedly to be shipped in 4-6 weeks. I'm not sure I have anyplace to even set it up.
    10-20-2017 11:52 AM
    I only typically charge about an 1 1/2 hours before bedtime via wired fast charging. Usually all the time it takes to top off to 100% then leave unplugged overnight. Wake up to about 95% juice. Rinse, repeat
    10-20-2017 01:45 PM
    I actually use both Wired Fast & Wireless Fast Charging.
    -At Home Wireless Fast Charger (Samsung Promo One).
    -Use Wired Fast in the car on the way home to keep it topped off.

Cheers,
    BR
    10-20-2017 02:05 PM
    Wireless overnight.
    10-20-2017 02:07 PM
    I regular charge overnight, via USB-C. I've read fast charging can be harder on the battery, and I'm not in any hurry, so turned fast charging off. I have the fast charge wireless deal from the N7 buyers promo, but I've not even opened the box. Doesn't work for where I have my phone charging.
    Just wondering, how do you turn fast charging off?

Never mind I typed fast into the search box and it shows up under accessories in the advanced section.
    10-20-2017 02:11 PM
    Just wondering, how do you turn fast charging off?
    Go to settings, battery, click on 3 dots on top right, advanced settings and then there's an option to turn off "fast cable charging".
    10-20-2017 02:14 PM
    Settings > device maintenance > battery > menu > advanced settings > fast cable charging

Edit: I was too slow lol
    10-20-2017 02:15 PM
    I used fast charging overnight at my night table for years, from Note 5 to Note 7 to S7 Edge to Note 8. Never a problem with a battery. I started to use my freebie Samsung wireless charger last week when it finally arrived. Works well, but its blue LED is way too bright.
    10-20-2017 04:22 PM
    Potentially useful Bixby command:
    press the Bixby button and say turn on/off fast cable charging
    10-21-2017 05:08 PM
    I almost always use wireless. With a charging pad on my desk, nightstand and beside my favorite TV watching chair the only time I even think about charging is when I travel.
    10-26-2017 10:41 AM
    Have the cable fast charger in the living room and just plug in if needed, usb from computer to wireless stand at work and my note 4 charger in bedroom if I need over night charge, did buy a Samsung fast charger for the car but have never needed it.
    10-26-2017 11:06 AM
    Have for last few years fast charged wired, Sammy fast charging excellent. Have noticed that wireless fast charging is taking 30 to 40% longer, with new promo Sammy fast wireless charger. I think the wired fast charging is more efficient and timely.
    10-26-2017 11:14 AM
    Duplicate.
    10-26-2017 11:14 AM
    When I first got the Note 8, I only used the fast-charge setting, however, I realized that since I charge overnight, it would probably be better for my battery if I used regular speed charging and only use the fast-charge setting when I really needed it.

Also, I do have a Samsung wireless fast charger (got it when I had the Note 7), but I really don't use it and prefer charging with the cable.

Anyways, so I was wondering how other Note 8 owners charged their phones? Are you concerned about the extra heat and wear from fast or wireless charging on your phone's battery?

What do you think?
    I don't know if I asked this, and sorry if I did, and not trying to be snarky, but does it matter, and if so, why?
    10-26-2017 11:35 AM
    I've been using the fast charge adapter that came with the phone and default setting which is fast charge.

I've thought about the idea that slow charge is better on battery but how much time difference is there between regular and fast... 30-45 minutes?

I just got my wireless pad and used a few times and noticed the first time it does generate heat on the phone fast wireless charging. Is it worth the heat to charge? will changing to normal wireless charge really help since you're still going to create more heat over charging by wire.

I will still charge both ways so it doesn't rack my brain too much but I am thinking about it.

When I first got the Note 8, I only used the fast-charge setting, however, I realized that since I charge overnight, it would probably be better for my battery if I used regular speed charging and only use the fast-charge setting when I really needed it.

Also, I do have a Samsung wireless fast charger (got it when I had the Note 7), but I really don't use it and prefer charging with the cable.

Anyways, so I was wondering how other Note 8 owners charged their phones? Are you concerned about the extra heat and wear from fast or wireless charging on your phone's battery?

What do you think?
    10-26-2017 01:08 PM
    I use fast charging wired in my car with an AC adapter and wireless if I have to charge over night.
    10-26-2017 01:52 PM
44 12