How Do You Primarily Charge Your Phone Daily: Regular, Fast, or Wireless?

How Do You Primarily Charge Your Phone Daily: Regular, Fast, or Wireless?

• Total voters

pkguy323

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I do fastest wired charging.. but my wireless chargers are first generation so it's regular charging there. The only time I plug in wired is in the car or on my scooter. I have a wireless charger by the bedside and on my desk at work which makes it easy to Grab & Go.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Almost always fast wireless charging. Been charging my Note 7, S7E and Note 8 this way since the day they arrived. I have a Samsung fast wireless charger next to my bed along with a cheap no name brand. Same no name brand is on my desk at work. It actually charges better than the Samsung one.

The only time I use the cable directly is if percentage is low and I need to bring it back up quickly. It's those times I really miss swappable batteries. This reminds me, I need to find a good charging case before my next vacation.

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I use a variety. I've got a number of wired chargers scattered about, and most are slow type with adapters to connect to the USB-C. Car, living room "TV Watching couch", etc.

I have a few wired fast chargers.

And I have wireless fast chargers on desks at home and at work to give fast top-offs and to sometimes keep the phone charged while I'm using it to watch TV, etc.

I see people saying that they've somehow disabled fast charging, presumably through a setting in the phone. How do you do That? I've looked at the settings menus but not discovered where you can make these selections. I might be inclined to disable fast charging at times because I normally don't need to charge quickly, so it might be easier on the battery and lower heating to only use QC when I really need it.

I'm generally getting good battery life and don't really need to charge except once per day, but I have charging opportunities galore, it seems. And I still have the free wireless charger supposedly to be shipped in 4-6 weeks. I'm not sure I have anyplace to even set it up.

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I only typically charge about an 1 1/2 hours before bedtime via wired fast charging. Usually all the time it takes to top off to 100% then leave unplugged overnight. Wake up to about 95% juice. Rinse, repeat

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I actually use both Wired Fast & Wireless Fast Charging.
-At Home Wireless Fast Charger (Samsung Promo One).
-Use Wired Fast in the car on the way home to keep it topped off.

Cheers,
BR

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I regular charge overnight, via USB-C. I've read fast charging can be harder on the battery, and I'm not in any hurry, so turned fast charging off. I have the fast charge wireless deal from the N7 buyers promo, but I've not even opened the box. Doesn't work for where I have my phone charging.

Just wondering, how do you turn fast charging off?

Never mind I typed fast into the search box and it shows up under accessories in the advanced section.

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I used fast charging overnight at my night table for years, from Note 5 to Note 7 to S7 Edge to Note 8. Never a problem with a battery. I started to use my freebie Samsung wireless charger last week when it finally arrived. Works well, but its blue LED is way too bright.

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I almost always use wireless. With a charging pad on my desk, nightstand and beside my favorite TV watching chair the only time I even think about charging is when I travel.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Have the cable fast charger in the living room and just plug in if needed, usb from computer to wireless stand at work and my note 4 charger in bedroom if I need over night charge, did buy a Samsung fast charger for the car but have never needed it.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Have for last few years fast charged wired, Sammy fast charging excellent. Have noticed that wireless fast charging is taking 30 to 40% longer, with new promo Sammy fast wireless charger. I think the wired fast charging is more efficient and timely.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams