Note8 IR Blaster - Has anyone tried the type that plugs into headphone jack?

btbrewer

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I desperately miss the IR blaster on my Note8. Wandering if anyone has experience trying one of the 3rd party add on devices that plugs into the headphone jack. Jakcom seems to be a popular brand but I can't find reliable info about compatibility. Would love to hear from anyone that has tried this or if you know of others that work. I guess it would also be good to know of ones that definitely don't work so I avoid them.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I thought there were still apps that did that anyway. no?
There might be but the Note 8 doesn't have a built in IR blaster like previous Notes did. Without the hardware to support the app, it's a no go. I liked using the one on my Note 4, my previous phone before the N8.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
There might be but the Note 8 doesn't have a built in IR blaster like previous Notes did. Without the hardware to support the app, it's a no go. I liked using the one on my Note 4, my previous phone before the N8.

how does my Roku app work then? however it works, perhaps there are other apps that use the same method.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Wifi? Same way my Chromecast works.

Just ask the owners of the Sports Bar for the password to his cable hook up. I'm sure if they don't mind you changing their channels they wouldn't mind giving you the password.