On the stock samsung email app, when you open a longer email message and with images, it often prompts to click to 'load more' and 'load images'. Anyway to change setting, so it automatically loads whole message and images?? (kind of pain to click to see more)
    10-20-2017 11:28 PM
    On the stock samsung email app, when you open a longer email message and with images, it often prompts to click to 'load more' and 'load images'. Anyway to change setting, so it automatically loads whole message and images?? (kind of pain to click to see more)
    I agree, quite annoying. I had to play around with my retrieval settings with the email settings. Go to your email app and open it. Go to the three ellipsis lines (upper left hand corner), go to the gear wheel for settings, then select your email account, scroll down to retrieval size limit and select it. I did end up changing it to unlimited. It's not ideal for people who have restricted data, but was so annoyed with having to click again and again like the frustration you shared. You could try bumping out to 100k and so forth first if you don't want to select unlimited. Hope this helps.
    10-21-2017 05:14 AM
    I use blackberry email with the hub which works great never an issue.
    anon(3641385) and sk8er_tor like this.
    10-21-2017 06:14 AM
    I agree, quite annoying. I had to play around with my retrieval settings with the email settings. Go to your email app and open it. Go to the three ellipsis lines (upper left hand corner), go to the gear wheel for settings, then select your email account, scroll down to retrieval size limit and select it. I did end up changing it to unlimited. It's not ideal for people who have restricted data, but was so annoyed with having to click again and again like the frustration you shared. You could try bumping out to 100k and so forth first if you don't want to select unlimited. Hope this helps.
    Thanks rivencap. I found those suggested settings, and there is also a toggle to show images.
    10-21-2017 11:25 AM
    I also use the BlackBerry Hub and it works great. I also got rid of the native Samsung text messaging app because it's garbage and downloaded the Google Android Messenger instead. Integrates nicely with the Hub.
    10-21-2017 08:05 PM
    It's handy to be able to limit how much data is retrieved per email by default. Then you can retrieve more if it's actually an email you're interested in. That way you don't waste memory space and data plan on big spam emails.

And having to manually select to download the images is also handy because often, the images in a spam email are not included in the email they send out. Instead, those images are only downloaded when your system retrieves the email, So effectively, when your system downloads the images, you are visiting the spammers website. And that verifies to them that they have "hit" a valid email address, so then they send more spam to your address and potentially share your email address to other spammers.

So setting a fairly small default limit to how much data to retrieve per email saves memory space on your phone and data plan usage, and setting the system to NOT automatically retrieve images helps to NOT encourage spammers.

Of course, then you have to manually allow downloading of the rest of long emails that you DO want to read, and you have to manually download images for emails that you actually want to see.

I leave the settings fairly strict to limit spam. But at least you can set things up any way you want.
    10-23-2017 04:17 AM