I dropped my Note 8

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
While entering my car today I had my note 8 in my hand as well as my gym bag.
Without realizing, I slung my bag onto the back seat of the car sending my phone flying out the other side of the car. Normally the windows would be up, but I decided to put them down to release the heat b4 I got into the car.
My phone flew at least 8 feet, that's not the problem, it hit the road and slid another 10 feet.
I cannot believe it. Not a scratch on my phone. I have a case, but rock the front naked. It landed on the front!!!!
I still can't believe this phone isn't cracked, scratched, or broke.
Anyone had any bad drops or phone mishaps since buying the note 8?
Very Lucky today
folks.
I'm going to use my trap phone the rest of the day, normally I take my Moto G5 plus trap phone with me to the gym, always.
Note 8 on lock down, ran all the test to see if it's ok, and yes
100/100.😅

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: DROPPED!!!!

wow crazy..I was just coming to these forums to say something similar.. I was outside and dropped my phone.. completely naked right now, I'm waiting for a case...it landed face down on the ground and then bounced..not a single scratch, scuff, nothing just beautiful and durable as hell!! love this phone. I was going to move over to the V30 but decided not too..glad I didn't

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Without realizing, I slung my bag onto the back seat of the car sending my phone flying out the other side of the car. Normally the windows would be up, but I decided to put them down to release the heat b4 I got into the car.
My phone flew at least 8 feet, that's not the problem, it hit the road and slid another 10 feet.
I cannot believe it. Not a scratch on my phone. I have a case, but rock the front naked. It landed on the front!!!!
Very Lucky today
folks.
I'm going to use my trap phone the rest of the day, normally I take my Moto G5 plus trap phone with me to the gym, always.
100/100.😅

Wow! Congrats!

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site

I don't play the lottery, but just thankful my phones ok.
Funny thing is, I'm on my daughter and wife about their phone's protection and being careful. Lol my son has the LG V30 let's just say, not so much. He isn't happy with it anyway, so maybe he'll finally cross back over to Samsung. Thanks and God bless.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Lucky. I've had so many lucky drops with all my Samsung phones lol. I've had my note8 going on 7 weeks Tuesday and I've had it slip from my hand twice but caught it both times. But haven't dropped it yet. Probably jinxed myself now lol. Glad your note8 is ok.

anon(10329701)

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site

Very Lucky today
folks.
100/100.😅

Wow glad your phone came out of that flight safe.:)
I had some bad luck with mine yesterday too, must have been a bad day for Note 8's, I cracked my Whitestone protector but the phone is still perfect. I had it laying on the side of the bed screen down with the glass protector and in the Samsung rugged case. The case doesn't lift the screen very far when placed face down especially on an uneven surface. It somehow managed to slide off the bed and hit the metal bed fame on the way down.
IMG_20171022_001425.jpg

anon(10329701)

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site

Lucky. I've had so many lucky drops with all my Samsung phones lol. I've had my note8 going on 7 weeks Tuesday and I've had it slip from my hand twice but caught it both times. But haven't dropped it yet. Probably jinxed myself now lol. Glad your note8 is ok.

Knock on wood.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site

That's actually from the White Dome shatter shield cracking and not the phone?
Please let me know, because It will be ordered Today, 2 boxes.
Right now, threw on my extra daughter's yootech wet protection film.

Something better than nothing.
No more partying naked.

lady of the lake

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

I had two bad days in a row last week when I got out of my car and thought my Note 8 was in my backpack but it was on my lap and it went flying out the door and landed on the asphalt. It bounced on one corner then the other, the SPen fell out and it ended up on its back both times. I'm using the VRS Design (was Versus) Crystal Bumper Hard Case that certified U.S Military Standard Drop Tested 810G-516.6 and it has a couple of scratches on the edge of the case but that's it. Totally worth the $25 I paid for it. The pen is fine and so is my screen. I do have a glass screen protector on it that came with Zizo case that I'm not using.

sistasweetpea

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Mine took a fall about two weeks ago. I'm using a cheap wallet case, and when I was getting in the car, somehow the phone fell out of the case and landed straight on the back. I have a small crack on the top back corner, but luckily nothing major. It's not visible with a case on.

58cbcc68d2348c32e9e5ab5433ac967d.jpg

Last edited:

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

sistasweetpea

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Dang I'm sorry. That makes me want to cry lol:(
Surprisingly, I wasn't that upset. Unlike last year after the note 7 debacle I finally gave up and got the s7 edge. Not a whole 48 hours later I managed to drop and shatter the screen. Horribly. And was stuck with it for a couple of weeks because asurion was back ordered. I cried like baby

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Very Lucky today
folks.
100/100.😅
LOL! I have been avoiding reading this topic as I quite simply did not want to see pics of your destroyed Note8 (I was assuming due to the title), but this time around I opened the thread and glad it was a happy ending.

Lol @ trap phone. Don't be putting that in here, like 2Chainz said, the Feds Watching! 😂😜

I've had a few drops withy Note8 but they have been small drops on carpet and one very small drop on a tile floor as I was getting up, the phone slid out my pocket, probably fell a few centimetres, lol, barely a drop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith