unlocked note 8 on sprint question

evilgenyus

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I received my phone and went ahead and got a new sim while i was waiting for the phone to come in the mail. I finally had time to sit down today to activate the phone and I've had nothing but problems. First it wouldn't complete the network registration so i chatted with sprint twice and they said everything was fine on their end and to wait a while and turn the phone back on. I waited several hours because i had errands to run. I came home and it still wouldn't activate. So i chatted again and finally it completed the network registration and i received a text instantly. I can get text and use data just no voice calls. So i thought everything was fine. I then proceed to make a test call and nothing happens every time i try to dial out it says that "You are roaming and you need to press one to buy a calling pin" or something like that. Ive been on chat and on technical support over the phone and they still can't resolve the issue. I've never had this happen before with an unlocked phone. My nexus 6 activated just fine and i have been using an iPhone 6s plus up until today with no issues. They can't figure it out and had to issue me a ticket to try to resolve the issue later. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Has nothing to do with the unlock phone it's Sprint and the fact that you changed your sim card
If you didn't change your sim you could have just dropped it in and it would have worked

evilgenyus

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Has nothing to do with the unlock phone it's Sprint and the fact that you changed your sim card
If you didn't change your sim you could have just dropped it in and it would have worked
Darn so much for trying to be prepared that's why I just went ahead and got a new sim.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And if you bring it to a Sprint store, make sure it's a company store - most "Sprint" stores are just independents affiliated with Sprint, and they don't care if you use Sprint or not - they get no part of your monthly payment. The sign over the front is the same, but look near the door for the name of the company.

evilgenyus

May 19, 2010
Visit site
And if you bring it to a Sprint store, make sure it's a company store - most "Sprint" stores are just independents affiliated with Sprint, and they don't care if you use Sprint or not - they get no part of your monthly payment. The sign over the front is the same, but look near the door for the name of the company.
Luckily I didn't have to make trip to the sprint store my phone began working properly early the next morning. I love this phone glad I left ios again. Time to sell off my 6s plus and my apple watch.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I received my phone and went ahead and got a new sim while i was waiting for the phone to come in the mail. I finally had time to sit down today to activate the phone and I've had nothing but problems. First it wouldn't complete the network registration so i chatted with sprint twice and they said everything was fine on their end and to wait a while and turn the phone back on. I waited several hours because i had errands to run. I came home and it still wouldn't activate. So i chatted again and finally it completed the network registration and i received a text instantly. I can get text and use data just no voice calls. So i thought everything was fine. I then proceed to make a test call and nothing happens every time i try to dial out it says that "You are roaming and you need to press one to buy a calling pin" or something like that. Ive been on chat and on technical support over the phone and they still can't resolve the issue. I've never had this happen before with an unlocked phone. My nexus 6 activated just fine and i have been using an iPhone 6s plus up until today with no issues. They can't figure it out and had to issue me a ticket to try to resolve the issue later. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds crazy but you don't have an international version do you, just asking..
Someone on YouTube posted a problem similar, and he found out in an error, they Sent him an international one.I know It does happen but won't hurt to try.

I was looking for the link, but couldn't find it. If it's been a couple of days return it. And just get another. You should have 15 days with sprint to return it or cancel.

evilgenyus

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Sounds crazy but you don't have an international version do you, just asking..
Someone on YouTube posted a problem similar, and he found out in an error, they Sent him an international one.I know It does happen but won't hurt to try.

I was looking for the link, but couldn't find it. If it's been a couple of days return it. And just get another. You should have 15 days with sprint to return it or cancel.
I got the unlocked version from bestbuy and everything has been working great after that first day haven't had anymore issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance