Are you using soft or hard spen tip?

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I use s pen a lot. As I've now removed the horrible neo flex spigen I've switched to the black tip. This one has a rubber finish which I find provides enough grip but allows plenty of glide whereas the plastic white tip seemed too slippery on bare glass....but was better on that horrible film screen protector.

so on yours also the white one is the hard one right? do you have the black model or orchid gray?

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
so on yours also the white one is the hard one right? do you have the black model or orchid gray?
I have the black phone. It came with the black pen tip fitted. I fitted a white tip when I had the screen protector on - it seemed to dig in less! I put the black tip back in now for use on bare glass.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I just physically checked with the nibs that came in the box of my Black Note 8.

Black (comes installed) is the soft tip. Light gray tip is the hard one.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Glass is glass, tip shouldn't make a difference. It's about your preference. I just switched to the harder one. I don't use screen protectors.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Glass is glass, tip shouldn't make a difference. It's about your preference. I just switched to the harder one. I don't use screen protectors.
Glass is glass. Film is film. Boobs ain't boobs, apparently, and nibs ain't nibs. The black one, from what I've read, has a rubber coating, for use on glass, which gives a better feel to write with but on film it left deep marks and grabbed too much for my liking.....hence the plastic white tip.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Glass is glass. Film is film. Boobs ain't boobs, apparently, and nibs ain't nibs. The black one, from what I've read, has a rubber coating, for use on glass, which gives a better feel to write with but on film it left deep marks and grabbed too much for my liking.....hence the plastic white tip.

people are still using film screen protectors? I havent used a screen protector since my blackberry BITD, and only because it was a privacy screen.

Patti McGavic

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
...there should be a choice on this thread, "Do you even use your S-Pen...?"
LOL, I keep forgetting I have an S-Pen. And, to be honest, just not sure what I NEED it for exactly.

The S-Pen is one of the best things about the Note. I use my pen MANY times a day. I use it to create and update notes (like a replacement for picking up a yellow paper stick-it note or note pad), and I use it for writing on pictures or screen shots I've taken. I can't believe you bought a Note and don't use the Stylus. cray-cray. :D

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
...there should be a choice on this thread, "Do you even use your S-Pen...?"
LOL, I keep forgetting I have an S-Pen. And, to be honest, just not sure what I NEED it for exactly.
Have you ever wanted to copy something from an image or video, be it a name, number, a long piece of text etc...???

Get the SPen out, hit Smart Select and go over what you want to copy....

This SPen is one of the most useful things to ever be put on a Phone. I use Smart Select daily, you can copy the most impossible pieces of text, images etc... with it and allow it to extract the wording for example, I just love it, and there is no other phone that does this, it's a feature found solely on the Galaxy Note, it's amazing. :)

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That’s odd because the Samsung reps told me every Note ships with the hard nib that’s already on the pen. It’s black on the black model and usually white for every other color.

The white (on black models) or gray (on others) color one is the softer one. It’s like that because the included one would be better for the glass but for plastic guards, the white/gray one would be better.

That’s why they shipped with more of the harder ones than the softer ones. Easy way to tell is how many of the color it shipped with. Fewer of the different color means they’re soft nibs.

Mine is black.

Basillo

Sep 10, 2018
Visit site
Guys i have a blue Note 8 with a screen protector....i used the spen for a while as it is until my son bit the spen ruberry tip... Then i installed the white plastic tip and although it glides much better, it left deep groove marks on my screen protector which are annoying... So now i need a new screen protector and to go back to the black one... For glass i would really prefer the white tip

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary