Do you receive iOS vids fine?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I remember over a year ago any vids I sent from any android phone I had to an iPhone turned out smaller and pixelated low quality crap. I also received iOS vids the same. It was like both companies wanted it to be awful.

Is it the same today? Or are vids sent and received to the opposite OS clear and normal?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
If someone from IOS wants to send you a video have them send it by a link you will get the full quality. This is the only think I hate about android someone needs to fix the disconnect between the two platforms. I have also heard rumors that I message may go cross platform in a few years.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
This is because it is using MMS and the compression is terrible espeically with our new higher res screens. using a thrid party app like google photos, allo, hangouts, whatsapp etc. will help to mitigate this as it is just sent as data and the level of compression is far less.

My wife uses an iphone so when she send me videos of my daughter i put Allo on her phone so that the video sends full resolution and looks good. this works for direct sharing but gets tricky when the whole rest of the family has iphones lol.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This is because it is using MMS and the compression is terrible espeically with our new higher res screens. using a thrid party app like google photos, allo, hangouts, whatsapp etc. will help to mitigate this as it is just sent as data and the level of compression is far less.

My wife uses an iphone so when she send me videos of my daughter i put Allo on her phone so that the video sends full resolution and looks good. this works for direct sharing but gets tricky when the whole rest of the family has iphones lol.

literally no ANdroid phones anymore within my family so i understand lol

good to know thank you!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Correct. MMS is the culprit. Wasn't designed to handle the media we share today.