Why isn't my Note8 continuously reconnecting to charger?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My brand new Note8, barely a week old, won't charge anymore with the brick. When connected, it just continuously reconnects and I can see the charging icon come and go and the beep sound continuously. I've tried different ports so the socket isn't the problem.

I'm using all the Oem accessories and fast cable charging has been disabled.( I don't use fast charging) Its been working fine for the past week and there has been no software updates ( I've read about others having the same problem once freshly updated to nougat, but nothing's been updated here) my only option to charge now is through the pc, which takes ages.

I also noticed now that the wireless charger doesn't seem to work. It flashes its leds, meaning it gets power, but the phone won't charge. I think it's a problem with the brick.

Any opinions on this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, make sure the charging port is clear of debris -- blow it out with a can of compressed air. If it's clear and the problem continues, then bring it to your wireless store or your local Best Buy's Samsung store, and ask to use their Note8 charger -- does the same thing happen?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
It more likely is a bad cable, because you are having intermittent charging. Or it could be that the cable is not fully pushed into the charging block. Perhaps, it became loose.

Rasindu Kavintha

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
Well I took it to Samsung repair center and they replaced both the adapter and cable. Its working now. I tried two sockets before and both didn't work. Even at the repair center it didn't work. Will have to see if the new one will run into any problems, and I will update. It'd just so weird for me since I've never experienced or even heard of accessories failing just after a week of very careful use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech