Note 8 to iPhone X?

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
This is probably a foolish question to ask on this forum, but are any Note 8 users taking the plunge on an iPhone X? I have two lines and I think I may bite the bullet and pre-order one tonight.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Heck no. No iPhone can get me away from this note8. Let me rephrase that....no phone can get me away from my note8. Well....except maybe when the note9 comes:)

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually like the gestures and was a fan of Webos... If the camera turns out to be unbelievably amazing and only if Face ID works better than the Iris scanner- it would have to work at all angles regularly, the I'd probably get one. Otherwise I'm happy with my N8 powerhouse and Pixel 2

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
You lose significant screen real estate, the headphone jack, Samsung Pay, the S Pen, fast charging out of the box (no need to spend another $75 on the accessories for it), customization etc etc. No. That would be a huge step backwards.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Will you put down the crack pipe please :)
Why not just have two Notes instead of messing around with 2 different OS and platforms ?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
While I sincerely hope the X is a good phone, I have a lot of concerns about the choices Apple made in design. Not to mention the fact that iOS 11 has been a poor experience on my 8 Plus. I can't imagine it would be better on the X. Like I said, I hope Apple proves me wrong. Even then I don't see why someone would choose the X over the Note 8 unless they were totally in the ecosystem.

anon(9947084)

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
My name is Tim and I have been clean and sober from iPhones for 3 years. (Everybody) Hi Tim!
No way I would exchange a superior phone for any iPhone. People who get Notes are generally dedicated to the series and I definitely see why.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely not. No iPhone or any other manufacturers aside from Samsung themselves can ever convince me to switch over. The Note8 is far superior and better in comparison to ANY new iPhone, especially the X. There is nothing offered on the X that could possibly even make me curious because all iPhones are uniform and boring and they don't fit my needs. I'm always gonna be a Samsung girl. Apple, to me, are only good for their laptops and iPads, but they are lacking in the iPhones.

saffy77

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
Personally, the Note 8 just offers too much for me to give it up for the iPhone X. One bit of advice I would give is to perhaps give it a few more days (or maybe longer) after the hype of the X's pre-order day has died down. It's so easy to get sucked in (and that's no criticism... I've been there too in the past!!)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
In the case of having two lines I'll say... sure, why not try and have fun.

Wife just ordered her's last night... 256GB Space Grey. 11/3 pickup.

She previously got the 6 Plus 128GB 3 years ago and no issues whatsoever with it so she got her moneys worth and probably will with the X too.

It will be an interesting phone and at $1400 it's steep but made me think...

In my household, we've gone through the Original iPhone, 3GS, 4S, 5, 6, 6+, 6s' as well as a couple of 1st gen iPads, iPad Airs, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and for most part they have all run for years without issue and many are still running as hand me downs. Gotten our moneys worth on all of them and worth every penny. Earned our trust.

With that said, hope the X will be just as good.

This is probably a foolish question to ask on this forum, but are any Note 8 users taking the plunge on an iPhone X? I have two lines and I think I may bite the bullet and pre-order one tonight.

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I was considering giving it a try but when you really think about it, it's still the same iPhone we've all come to know. (With a bigger screen) I just don't see that much of a change to warrant such a high price tag. When you really think about it this is the tenth anniversary iPhone. It should have been something amazing and...new. I'm most certain that Samsung's tenth anniversary phone will blow the iPhone X out of the water. There is just so much more to lose switching from the Note 8 to the iPhone X.
Now if you intend on having both then I guess you get the best of both worlds 🤷🏾*♀️

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
ALmost did, but this sale came up and I am paying $10/mo less than if i waited for the X. Note 8 has more screen and i have the fingerprint still i feel like Samsung did extra QC after the Note 7 debacle lol, still unsure of 1st gen Apple changes.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
lol no, my note was $454 after taxes, previous note 7 owners promo and after selling the free camera and iPhone is $1242 after taxes with a decent amount of storage space. One is three times better and the other is three times more expensive

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
When Apple decides to remove that ugly notch at the top of the screen and get some sense again, I will switch back. I like nice large rectangle screens. Not cut out screens.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Never was an Igirl, not gonna start now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae