Looking for a good app to backup my Note 8 to my Dropbox account. I would like it to include my external storage data as well.
    What backup strategies are other members using?
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    10-27-2017 08:12 PM
    I've been using FolderSync Pro for years to backup to my Google Drive account. Works great and is super customizable.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oldersync.full
    10-27-2017 08:54 PM
    I'm using Foldersync for a while too as well, linked it to my OneDrive.

I only use it for photos, but what makes Foldersync superior to the official apps is that it lets you specify which folders get backed up, and what folders they backup to. So instead of the normal put all the photos in one folder backup solution of most clouds (or put them in folders per date), I recreated the albums in my OneDrive. So the screenshots album go to a folder called screenshots, the wallpapers album to a wallpaper folder, and so forth.
    10-27-2017 09:05 PM
    I'm using Foldersync for a while too as well, linked it to my OneDrive.

I only use it for photos, but what makes Foldersync superior to the official apps is that it lets you specify which folders get backed up, and what folders they backup to. So instead of the normal put all the photos in one folder backup solution of most clouds (or put them in folders per date), I recreated the albums in my OneDrive. So the screenshots album go to a folder called screenshots, the wallpapers album to a wallpaper folder, and so forth.
    Just FYI - Google Photos has the option to backup device folders with whatever names they are like screenshots, wallpapers etc., and you can choose which ones to backup as well.
    10-28-2017 01:41 AM
    Just FYI - Google Photos has the option to backup device folders with whatever names they are like screenshots, wallpapers etc., and you can choose which ones to backup as well.
    Yes, but in my experience they get thrown into a single folder. I don't want that.
    10-28-2017 03:03 AM